Announcement

Collapse

Please submit your assignment suggestions!

Hi! Please visit THIS THREAD and submit your dPS Assignment suggestions! We'll be starting assignments again in two weeks time - hope to see you all participating.

Thanks!
See more
See less

Photo Contest Site - Visual Skirmish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Contest Site - Visual Skirmish

VisualSkirmish.com hosts a variety of online international photo contests where you can win cash prizes.
    - Just register for your free account.
    - Upload a photo of your choice.
    - Join a contest for your chance to win cash.
    - You keep your copyright.
    We also host video contests as well.
    Deadlines are normally by a certain number of entries.
    Just a few contests to mention: Sweetest Kiss, Baby Photo, Nature Photo, Pet Photo, Music Video contest, and more...

Tell me what you think of our site!

Tell you what I think...

I've not made up my mind on websites that charge people to enter competitions.

Your copyright statement is spot on - thank you. (below)

[from here...] e. Your photo or video submission will not be used for marketing purposes without your consent. We treat your media with the utmost respect and adhere to any copyrights that you own on the photograph or film. Please contact us at support@visualskirmish.comif you find that we are in violation of this policy.

I'm still not sure, but interested to hear how you get on.

Sime
    www | twitter | facebook

If you're looking for customer service, please use this link, thank you!

Comment

Unfortunately, it's a necessary evil for now unless we find some good sponsors. I would love to host free competitions, however it is out of the budget for now. I'm looking for alternative ways to make enough money to support the prize winnings and cost of the website, feel free to share if you have any other than google ads.

Comment

Indeed! Well, I'd be keen to hear how it works out for you. (There are a few people doing the same sort of thing - I guess it's just a case of you guys having a USP and a good backend / website / plan)

Sime
        www | twitter | facebook

If you're looking for customer service, please use this link, thank you!

Comment

I tend to find that free competitions always have way too many entries with an average quality of photos that is too low.

Even the little $2 charge makes a lot of people really think twice before entering their "good" picture.
          Flickr -- JPG Mag -- Creattica

Comment

I don't really understandthe rules/directions of the competitions, I've read them over a few times, but it's hard to understand. How do I know when a competition is closed and the photos can be voted on? What do the numbers next to the photos mean, it was automatically assigned to me and when I looked at the other photographs, they also had numbers that went in no particular order. If anyone can answer my questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
            ~Diana

Comment

You can try other advertisement schemes like linkshare.com companies offer % of sales to the refering site.
              Thanks,

Elkidogz
              Nikon D80, D60, 775
              Review my photos at: Flickr

Comment

I tried to upload a pic, but it just takes me a blank page. I clicked enter contest, and the upload media. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Are there any requirements for this. Is there a catch or are the competitions really free?

Comment

Working...
                  X