Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: Images look brighter on camera LCD, but look dull on laptop

Hi.

Am a newbie to photography. Currently i use Canon s90. What is have noticed is that images when clicked look very bright on Camera's LCD screen but the same pic looks dull on my laptop. i have tried calibrating my Laptop too but things have not improved.

Please help me out...!!

Thanks
    Hertz

Try turning down the brightness of the camera's LCD screen. Your tiny uncalibrated camera screen will be brighter and more contrasty than a typical display. You can't rely on the screen for overall image quality. Use your histogram to ensure the photos are nice and bright. Make sure you are using a consistent color space (i.e. sRGB on camera and on laptop). Make sure you aren't using a post processing program that automatically corrects your images (making bright photos dark automatically).
    My Portfolio | My 500px | My Photo Blog | My Picasa Albums
    K-5, Q, K20D, Pentax DA 15mm f/4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, DA 55-300mm, DA 18-55mm WR, Vivitar Auto-Extension Tubes, Metz 50 af-1, Yongnuo YN-560ii, Cactus v5

Comment

Thanks a lot!!

What i noticed today is that images look close to how there are seen in camera when i use my samsung monitor instead of my laptop screen!. But as u suggested, relying on Histogram is better

Comment

Hi...some time ago I stumbled across this article Exposure and Metering. and it greatly benefited me..I'm sure it would benefit u as well...
        "Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known." - Oscar Wilde
        Canon EOS 400D [EFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS]
        Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X