Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D700 Auto-Focus no longer beeps

Hi Everyone,
    This is possibly a stupid question, but my Nikon D700 no longer beeps when I press the shutter half-way to automatically focus. It is focusing okay (I can still take photos), but it no longer beeps. I can not for the life of me figure out what is wrong, I checked the "sound" setting, and that is turned on.

Thanks for your help!

Kenneth

Huh, my first thought that maybe the setting wasn't set right in the menu, I turned mine off on my D80 beacuse it drove me nuts lol! Almost like the keys on a mobile phone!

Maybe the speaker is broken? Does it have a speaker?
    My Flickr page

Flickr Photostream RSS feed

Gear: Nikon D80, 18-105mm DX VR f/3-5.6, Nikkor 50mm 1.8D AF, Nikon SB-700

Comment

Might want to check the focusing mode too. My D300 doesn't beep if I'm in Continuous focus mode.
      Drkranger
      Kaymee Photography
      Sacramento Photography Examiner
      Nikon D300, Nikon D50
      Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8

Comment

Set it to single point autofocus single servo and I bet it will beep if the beep is turned on in the menu.
        Nikon D800e, D300, D5000, NIKON GLASS 85mm F/1.8 D, 105mm f/2.8 Micro AF-S VR, 70-200 AF-S VR f/2.8, 28-300 AF-S VRII,10.5mm Fisheye, 24-70 AF-S f/2.8, TC-20E III AF-S, Sigma 12-24 HSM, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 HSM, Sigma 150-500 OS, 2 SB-600 Speedlights, SB-900 speedlight, 4 YN-622N transceivers, Manfrotto 190MF3 tripod & 322RC2 ball grip head. - NJ, USA
        Flickr Photobucket
        Ok to edit and repost my shots on DPS forums

Comment

I feel like this is a good thing, but to each his/her own.

It's probably a setting, as mentioned above.
          Almond Butterscotch
          The Almond Tree
          Facebook Page
          My Equipment

Comment

Focus

Hello ...

I have just had exactly the same problem ... and fixed it ... Phew!!

On the left hand side of the D700 is a small round switch with C,S,M change it back to S !!

Hope this helps

Karen Gray Photography

Comment

Seems like I remember the beep doesn't sound in AFC. I might be wrong.
              _
              Phil Holland
              I'm a Wedding Photographer in Dallas.

Comment

Makes sense, you don't want the camera beeping like a heart monitor every time it refocuses...
                Seeker of the Peace, Part-time Chandelier Cleaner, a Legend in his own Time, Oppressor of Champions, Soldier of Fortune, World Traveller, Bon Vivant, Defender of Reason, All-round Good Guy, Casual Hero, Philosopher. Equations Solved, Revolutions Quelled, Banquets Organised, Governments Run, Test Rockets Flown, Bears Wrestled, Photos Taken.

Comment

Working...
                X