Announcement

Collapse

Please submit your assignment suggestions!

Hi! Please visit THIS THREAD and submit your dPS Assignment suggestions! We'll be starting assignments again in two weeks time - hope to see you all participating.

Thanks!
See more
See less

Does the split tone improve the image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the split tone improve the image

I have just started playing with converting RAWs to B&W, including using split tones.

Does the added split tone improve the overall quality of the image?

Also is the composition too busy?

Looking forward to your comments,

Perry
    Last edited by pschwalb; 01-16-2012, 01:58 AM.

Each has a different feeling; very subjective. But since you asked about composition, I have to ask back: what is your subject? My sense is it's more the stuff on the left. Which means you have a lot of dead space on the right, like between the two columns. I might suggest cropping in from the right to the inner column. (I'm doing this from memory because with attachments, apparently responder cannot see the images)

Hope that helps!

H

Comment

Thanks for your comment!

I was trying to create a triangle with the lines connecting the lion, fountain and large cypress tree.

I also wanted to capture the perspective from standing inside the structure. That is why I choose to leave the 2 columns on the right in the shot.

I have cropped out one of the colums and it definetly moves the eyes to the triangle as desired!

Thank again.

Perry

Comment

Working...
      X