Announcement

Collapse

Please submit your assignment suggestions!

Hi! Please visit THIS THREAD and submit your dPS Assignment suggestions! We'll be starting assignments again in two weeks time - hope to see you all participating.

Thanks!
See more
See less

Ben Franklin Bridge...thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Franklin Bridge...thoughts?

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here (*waves*) and thought I would show you a recent photo I took of the Ben Franklin Bridge connecting Philly to Jersey.

I learned a new function on my camera (shutter control) and wanted to test it out. This was taken on Friday night with the 8 second speed. (slowest speed setting on my camera)

I love it. I have always wanted a pic like this but never knew how untill now.

Please keep in mind this was a test shot, and one of my first shots using the shutter speed settings. I can always go back and try again another night if you can give me some useful tips to make it an even better shot.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by wulf; 01-21-2008, 08:26 AM. Reason: Please use medium size when posting from Flickr (and link back to the bigger version)

For a test shot I think it's pretty good. I would have liked a little more of that foreground you have there (is that some sort of pier?), but overall the picture is sweet. My advice to you... go out and get a camera with a max shutter speed of more than 8 secs. I think you would find it even more fun than the one you have now.
    Canon 40D, Lots of nice glass and way to many flashes and studio equipment (at least my wife thinks ) http://www.urbandecay.dk
    OK to edit and repost on DPS

Comment

yeah I was at the Penn's Landing pier in Philly.

I'm going to have to see if there are more shutter speed functions and see what I can come up with

Comment

Bridge Shot

Great shot! I found the item in the bottom left corner slightly distracting. But then everything else I had nothing to complain about.
        Alan
        NIKON D5000, NIKON DX AF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G, Circular Polarizer, 52mm UV filter

Comment

very nice...i like it...
          David Chege Media

Comment

Working...
          X