No announcement yet.

close up of my daughter

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• close up of my daughter

this is a picture of my daughter.

Has been heavily cropped, and slight color adjustments.

Did I crop too much? Original can be found here.

Other crop attempts are in the web album as well.

Living in Boston, MA, shooting with a Nikon D80 and a Nikon 18 - 200 lens.

It is ok by me if you would like to edit any pictures that I post here on dps, for use here on the dps forums.

Very nice! My feelings are that you have captured her innner joy as well as her outer beauty. I don't have as much cropping experience as some of our community members; but I like your crop. I think you enhanced the photo from the original. I see the focus as being a bit soft but I am thinking that the way you have it is right for this photo. I think I am learning that soft focus and sharp focus have their applications to particular subjects. Perhaps one of the senior members can speak to us on that subject.

How do you think you might lighten up her beautiful blue eyes?

Best Regards,

Pentax K10d - Founder/Member of LAA (Lens Addiction Anonymous)
    Gallery Link:

i would love to lighten up the eyes. any suggestions?
      Living in Boston, MA, shooting with a Nikon D80 and a Nikon 18 - 200 lens.

It is ok by me if you would like to edit any pictures that I post here on dps, for use here on the dps forums.

Seriously.... I love the crop. Some of my friends hate to crop off any part of anyone's face but I feel you drawn us into her face. I flipped thru your posts and I really like the B&W one. I could imagine that shot in the frame hanging on a wall or displayed on the mantle.

Capture as many shots of your kids faces and keep an album of just faces and watch how much it'll change over a span of time.

Keep the shots coming!
        Canon PowerShot S3IS
        Nikon D80 18-135mm

I like that you cropped away the dark shirt she was wearing... now the focus is soley on her lovely face.
          Canon 450D (Rebel Xsi)
          Canon EFS 18-55 mm , Canon Zoom EF 75-300mm

Canon Powershot S5 IS
          CP&UV filters; Hoya ND 8; +1, +2, +4, +10 Close Up; 4 pt & 8 pt star filters

lightening eyes

Originally posted by ilike2spike View Post
            i would love to lighten up the eyes. any suggestions?
            What post processing software do you use?
            I use Photoshop Elements 6. I beleive you can also do this in Gimp (Free - download off internet).

First you want to select just the eye area you want to lighten. Then you can go into levels or brightness contrast adjustments and tweek the sliders until you get the results you want. If you are still trying to fix this, I can try better to help or tweek it for you myself and give you the info. (I noticed the post was kinda old, so you've probably given up or found a solution)

Beautiful picture by the way! I think with the eyes popped just a smidge brighter it would be glorious.
            Canon Rebel XTi & 2 broken p&s NOW 1MP kid tough camera
            Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon 430EX Speedlite
            Photoshop Elements

Nice shot, thanks for sharing.
              -----My GeAr-----
              Body: Nikon D80
              Flash: SB800
              Grip: MB-D80
              Lenses: Nikkor 18-135 kitlens Tamron 17-50 1:2.8

I think you did a great job here. I agree with the suggestion of lightening up her blue eyes. Excellent picture it really does capture her innocence.
                24" iMac 2.8 GhZ 4g RAM
                Canon EOS 40d
                EF-S 17-85mm USM IS kit lens
                New dSLR Hobbyist Photographer

A very adorable picture, Very nice shot!!
                  My equipment Nikon D90, 55-200mm, 18-105mm lenses

Beautiful daughter! I love this shot and the crop.

Love the crop, it looks really nice and she is adorable.

北京京九管道疏通公司疏通管道,净化北京朝阳区管道疏通,消毒灭菌,管道工程安装,北京海淀区管道疏本公司以以质为本,竭诚的服务北京大兴区管道疏通,面向全国,公司创建于1998年度,由于公司管理体系完善,迅速发展,员工素质高,技术精通,经总公司统 一培训,合格上岗. 目前,在全国各地均有连锁,对部分缺少或没有客服的城市北京通州区管道疏通,敬请客户直接与总公司联系,北京丰台区管道疏通 为了方便市民,在北京各区加急服务

Hey, ilikespike.. Hope you don't mind but I played in photoshop with your pic. It's probably not the greatest, but your daughter is such a cutie it didn't really need any retouching, but here you go.
                          Canon Rebel XS- kit lens 18-55 IS, 50mm 1.8, 430ex Speedlite flash

**Please feel free edit any of my pics and post on dps**

Lovely pic lovely daughter but is the croptoo tight? yes and no.

Yes, why go from portrait to landscape?

No, go tighter, really show what you are concentrating on.

This is sort of mid-to-mod.
                            "A wise man speaks because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something." -aristotle.
                            Nikon D70s, 18-55 kit lens, 55-200 VR, 28mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8
                   - Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike
                            My "Best shots" on Flickr

Pretty Kid-lightened the eys with dodge tool set a 12% soft brush,and smart-sharpened image- worst way to ruin an image is to use brightness/contrast-it should never have been included-not fine enough control.Regards, Ken