Close
Close
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: business cards?

olgabe is offline dPS Forum Member

Default business cards?

Any recommendations for a service to print business cards? How much are they supposed to cost for a batch of 100 to 250? (that is, with shipping...)

I'm a little tired of looking at places that pop on top of google and charge you $5 for the cards and then add last minute $30 for shipping.. I guess if the real market price for getting a stack of cards to your door is indeed $35, I'll get over this strange business model... i just need some reassurance that I am not getting ripped off

Thank you!
    OlgaBe
    Canon 5D, Canon Xsi, 24-70mm f4, 100mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, 100-300mm f4-5.6, 580 EX II, 430 EX II. And a LensBaby!!
    http://www.ollophotography.com/

Heidilyn is offline dPS Forum Member

I LOVE Overnight Prints. They have excellent quality. I think that I got double sided business cards for total of $40 (or a little less) for 250.
    Photo Gallery
    MY Website
    MY Flickr

Nikon D40 | 18-55mm | 55-200mm | SB-400 | 50mm 1.8

Photoboothguy Guest

I like Moo Cards. You can get a set of their minis (half-sized cards) for $20 for 100, or full-sized cards at 50 for $20. Shipping is about $6.

1. High Quality cards, not the type you just leave in a stack at some shop. These are cards you give IN PERSON.
    2. They'll put a different image on every card. This is great for target marketting...give maternity/newborn cards to expectant mothers, wedding cards to engaged couples, etc. It gives the presence that you specialize in that area, and immediately gives them an example of your work.

Personally, I went with the mini-cards with 10 different photos: 3 wedding, 3 newborn/maternity, 2 models (good for seniors or general work), and 2 of my speed photography (just for kicks).

Seltzer is offline Absent Moderator

i'd opt for figuring out what uses you have for the card.. If you want something really fancy to make the biz look good the moo cards and others seem to do a good job of showing you are serious. if you just want something with your information on it you can print up your own on either business card stock or just paper with a card stock formatting.
    Cameras:
    Canon Rebel XSi (450D)
    Canon Lenses: 18-55mm IS kit lens, 50mm 1.8, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Accessories: Lowepro Fastpack 250 backpack, Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash
    OK to edit & repost my images in the DPS forum only.
    Click for my flickr
    The views expressed by this user should not be taken as the views of DPS.. basically if you don't like what I say, tell me, don't blame the site.

olgabe is offline dPS Forum Member

Thank you all for advice!
    I just need some temporary simple cards to distribute at a couple of weddings I'm doing in the next month. I'll probably follow the advece on Moo cards for the future, but I don't have time to work on them right now, plus my phone number will be changing in 2 weeks and I don't know the new number so I can't print it.. plus, my hi-res logo is not finalized yet..

I ended up with 100 simple cards from Overnight print, it's $25 all inclusive. A little too pricey for my taste, but will work for now.
    OlgaBe
    Canon 5D, Canon Xsi, 24-70mm f4, 100mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, 100-300mm f4-5.6, 580 EX II, 430 EX II. And a LensBaby!!
    http://www.ollophotography.com/

AnneWynne is offline Stealth Photographer

VistaPrint is easy and they offer free cards (with their name on the back). Once you order from them, you get lots of freebie offers and their shipping is reasonably priced and standard shipping is pretty quick.
    AnneWynne
    Psychologist, Coach, Photographer
    My Website
    Fan Me on Facebook!

OsmosisStudios is offline Don't Panic

Quote Originally Posted by olgabe View Post
    I ended up with 100 simple cards from Overnight print, it's $25 all inclusive. A little too pricey for my taste, but will work for now.
    That's totally normal: I paid just over $45 for 250 cards.
    I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
    adammontpetit.com
    Gear List
    500PX | Graphic Design

Free is offline dPS Forum Member

Once you've got everything finalised try your local printer and get a run of 500-1000 quality cards done. I get all mine and my clients cards printed on 310gsm stock matt laminated for about $100 for a thousand (In Australia). Offset printing is cheaper in bulk so you'll need to get heaps printed to save the cash, lazer printing costs heaps more.

Business cards are one thing you really shouldn't be stingy on. People will judge you and your services on the quality of your cards and a great card is less likely to get turfed straight away.

HTH
    Free
    NIKON D60 | LOTS OF BITS & PIECES

SWITCHING FROM PHOTOSHOP TO THE GIMP (LINUX) - FEEL FREE TO SHARE ANY TIPS OR TRICKS

MY WEBSITE DESIGN PORTFOLIO | MY FLICKR

Swisstony10 is offline dPS Forum Member

I have a big box of standard basic freebie cards that I got from Vistaprint that I use to leave lying around the place, and then I have box of 50 Moo cards which I love SO much that people have to practically hold me down and beat me with a stick to get me to give them away.

Ok, so they don't really have to go that far, but y'know - free Vistaprint cards for a clusterbomb attack, and dead nice Moo cards when I want a laser-guided smart-bomb strike that's going to definitely blow my target's wig off..

Russ.
    I shoot Canon, and use Elinchrom lights.
    My Flickr Page - feel free to leave comments

private is offline Old timer :)

Quote Originally Posted by AnneWynne View Post
    VistaPrint is easy and they offer free cards (with their name on the back). Once you order from them, you get lots of freebie offers and their shipping is reasonably priced and standard shipping is pretty quick.
    I get their free cards all the time and I do not have their name on there. Is that something new?

BUT, my next set of business cards will be from MOO prints. They are cute, PLUS, I will give them away as a photographers gift if someone buys a ton of stuff from me... My business info is on the back and their kids pic is on the front...tee hee - THEY love passing them on to others with kiddos.

I call them play date cards...
    Pat
    5D, 5DMKIII | lenses 50 1.2, 35 1.4, 17-40 f/4, 70-200 2.8 II, 15mm - MY WEBSITE Fan me on Facebook!
    You don't have to be the best, you just have to be better than last week" - Jerry Ghionis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last