Close
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    creative_one is offline dPS Forum Member

Exclamation Photography Name

UPDATED QUESTION

Hi Everyone,
    i need some help coming up with a really good professional photography name.
    What do u think:
    illusions by lu / LJC illusions photography/ LC illusions photography/ creative illusions photography / unique illusions photography/ amazing illusions photography.
    Does any of these sound professional?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by creative_one; 09-30-2009 at 07:17 PM.
    Creative One
    Love what u do & do what u love!
    http://photographer-s-world.blogspot.com/
    Nikon D60 ~ 55-200mm ~ 18-55mm

dcclark is offline Moderates the loving team

I don't really like "glorious" -- it might work (if it fits with some theme you have -- religious, or if it's in your name too), but otherwise it doesn't sound so good.

I personally am a fan of the good old "Your Name Photography" -- but if you have something in particular that you do, you could put that in your title as well.
    David Clark Photography, project 365 photo blog, flickr.
    It is OK to edit and repost my photos on the DPS forums only.

k8et is offline dPS Forum Member

search for the domain before you decide. register one even if you just point it at a blog (godaddy.com is a good choice, though i've also registered through wordpress.com as i host my blog there, and that's about as easy as it gets...)

it's a pretty personal choice, but google the heck out of it first. I would think you want photography or images in the title (or something similar) to make it clear what you do.

"creative photography" doesn't "stick out" as a memorable/unique name, and would be hard for someone to search for. "creative one photography" is better. I'm not a fan of the glorious theme... but everyone will have their own opinions!

good luck!

ETA: google not only to find out who else is using it or something similar, but also to see what someone would find if they were looking for you.
    k8et on flickr
    blogging at www.k8et.com
    Canon Rebel XTi, kit lens, 50mm 1.8 lens, 430EX II flash
    Lomography film cameras: Fisheye and Colorsplash

cherrygirl is offline dPS Forum Member

Good advice here. I was calling myself CMD Photography (CMD being my initials) and then I Googled it. There is a CMD Photography in the same town as me!! I ended up searching domain names and Googling with a few other names I liked. I landed one and scoped it up. I am now Pink Clover Photography. Clover is my maiden name and both my parents have their own companies with Clover in the name and pink is a favorite color (I know, very girlie but hey I am what I am!) I very happy with my choice.

Good luck to you!

AnnaV is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dcclark View Post
    I personally am a fan of the good old "Your Name Photography" -- but if you have something in particular that you do, you could put that in your title as well.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    Anna : snap-happy
    D40, 18-55mm kit lens, Sigma 50-150mm f2.8, SB600 flash, some cheap lighting gear

flickr "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" - Henri Cartier-Bresson

*it's fine to edit and post my photos in DPS only*

linnefaulk is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrygirl View Post
    Good advice here. I was calling myself CMD Photography (CMD being my initials) and then I Googled it. There is a CMD Photography in the same town as me!! I ended up searching domain names and Googling with a few other names I liked. I landed one and scoped it up. I am now Pink Clover Photography. Clover is my maiden name and both my parents have their own companies with Clover in the name and pink is a favorite color (I know, very girlie but hey I am what I am!) I very happy with my choice.

Good luck to you!
    I should have done this but didn't think of it. Oops. There are two other slf photography, one on facebook, one on another site.

eNZee is offline dPS Forum Member

Please dont take this offensively, i mean it in the most noble way - but none of those names catch my attention.

you want something that represents you somehow. you should make it personal but that has a professional edge to it.

im personally not a fan of using your name ONLY because there may be other people with your name unless your are extreemly well known. its not to say that i think people shouldnt do it or that i look down upon it - i just wouldnt do it myself. like me - i have a name that people dont remember alot when i meet them so to use it as my professional business name just didnt suit me. instead i made it personal by using my initials which is "N.Z" but spelled it differently "enze" and just added "images" to the end.

you should do lots of research and get many opinions on any ideas you have to get a feel of what peoples reactions are to it.
    EnZe Images
    EnZe Real Estate Photography
    My Flickr Page
    My Facebook Fan Page
    Nikon D90, Nikkor AF-S 18-105mm VR, Nikkor 50mm f1.8, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, Nikon SB-600

summernc22 is offline Crazy Lady with a Camera

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of the glory thing either. I just named my business too, and I went with Bohemian Summer Photography. Summer is my first name and well, bohemian describes me and my work. Have you maybe looked in a dictionary or thesaurus for alternate words or descriptive words. I was looking and I was thinking... Creative Elegance Images, or something like that. Elegance is a better sounding word. Don't worry... when it finally hits you, you know. It took me two weeks to come up with mine. It was out of left field. Hang in there.
    Just Summer
    www.mybohemiansummer.com
    www.flickr.com/photos/summerskillman
    Sony A77V, Sony A350, Sony 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6, Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6, Minolta Maxxum 50mm AF f/1.4, Tamron 28-200mm f/3.8-6.5

retronesphoto is offline dPS Forum Member

It doesn't need to be catchy or anything. I chose your most simple option, creative photography by lu.

It could even just be photography by lu. My watermarks simply say my name, and photography. Just as simple as that.

people would rather look at the photographs, rather than the name. so don't be so caught up with the name... it's not that big of a deal to most people.
    Canon EOS 5D
    Canon 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Lens
    Canon Speedlite 430EX II

k8et is offline dPS Forum Member

another general piece of advice - how easy is it for someone to hear the name, remember it, and be able to spell it correctly when searching?

for example, my last name is spelled without a letter that EVERYONE wants to put in it. I am always saying "(name) without a (letter)" I would NOT want to have to do that every time I say the name of my business, and it would mean some people wouldn't find me.

I have no idea what I'll use, if anything. k8et is hard to verbally get across (but I carry moo cards (mini business cards with my pics) almost all the time. my last name, no because of the spelling issue.

Of course, at some point I expect to be changing my name when i marry my guy, so there's always that to consider as well - there are still options, keep it just for the business if you built up a reputation, or if you aren't changing your name at all you don't have to worry about it :P (i've debated it myself but lean towards taking it for several reasons, none of which are "tradition" or because it's expected.)
    k8et on flickr
    blogging at www.k8et.com
    Canon Rebel XTi, kit lens, 50mm 1.8 lens, 430EX II flash
    Lomography film cameras: Fisheye and Colorsplash

Page 1 of 2 12 Last