Close
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    habed is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Please let me know what do you think about my logo

Everybody keeps asking about logos, so I want you to take a look at mine and see what do you think.

DEPA stands for "Departamento" or apartment. 11 because I grew up in the apartment 11. When I got married I moved to another part of the city and the apartment number was also 11.

Take consideration that when I first started this business it was intended ONLY for kids parties (I have Tinnitus and can't stand loud music so I wanted to avoid weddings and other loud events as much as possible) So I designed the logo acording to that, kids parties.

When I moved on to weddings and such I decided to keep my logo because it also reflects some of my personality and the personality I want my business to have. I want the customers to feel like it's fun working with us and that we have fun doing what we do.

"Producciones" or productions is because I do video as well, not only Photography. But in my business cards it says "Fotografía y video" below the logo and my title is "Fotografo" or Photographer.

I've looked around and all the photographers logos I see in the internet are very serious and elegant.Trying to reflect a sense of luxury and professionalism. So I know mine is way out of line. But, in the other hand, is also different and so far I've had good responses to it.

But, I'd love to have your opinion as people who do this for a living and have much time more than me in this. what do you think? Also, not as a Photographer but as a customer looking to hire someone for your big event...... would you hire based on my logo.... or any logo?

Feel free to trow your comments, and be brutal if needed. Gracias

My Logo
    Visit me http://500px.com/haphotographer
    Like me http://www.facebook.com/HAphotographer
    2 Canon 60D; Canon EF-S 50mm f1.8, EF L 70-200mm f2.8 and Sigma 10-20mm f3.5, 2 Canon Speedlite 580 ex ii

cdgaskin is offline dPS Forum Member

I really like it

It makes for a talking point which would work in your favour, its quirky and different, also when they ask, it gives you the opertunity to give your photograpy background, only cementing their good chioce in using your services
    Gaskin Photography
    FACEBOOK
    flickr OK to edit and post my photos on DPS only

OsmosisStudios is offline Don't Panic

You'll have to forgive me if this seems a bit harsh: it's coming from a design major.

It's too busy. There are too many VERY bright colours, and the little figures aren't necessary. I get what youre trying to get across, but there are much better ways of doing it.

For one, narrow your colour selection down to 3, at the VERY VERY most.
    Remove your little people. The concept is good, and the execution in this case is actually fairly good, but they make it far too busy. I can suggest using a smiley face or something similar along with the text to make a logotype, instead of just a type logo.
    Lose the drop shadow. It's fine, but its on EVERYTHING and it adds to the busy-ness.
    Look at some typography. Some GOOD typography examples and see what the difference is. Im not saying yours is terrible, but it leaves to be desired. I'm never really sure where to look, or why certain things are the way they are. I also don't know what your company does or how the number reflects anything besides simply having a number.

Hope this helps!
    I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
    Website
    Gear List
    500PX

KathrynWilson is offline dPS Forum Member

I agree - I find the colors you have used make the logo look dated. You can definitely have a fun and bright logo rather than an elegant style, but without going quite this far. For example, I love this one, which I think is sooo much fun:

If you want a fun 'kiddy' kind of feel, using geometric shapes, or flowers or animals etc might be fun. I very quickly did a 2-second example of what I mean by something cleaner and more modern:
    Last edited by KathrynWilson; 06-04-2009 at 02:07 AM.
    Shooting with all sorts of Canon stuff.
    my flickr
    my website
    Live. Love. Capture. Blog.

Trader is offline dPS +1000 Club

Did you intend to put that logo on the images that you are trying to sell? I think if you "Keep It Simple" it will work better for you.

flickr
    - - Nikon D3S & D300; Nikkor 28-300mm AF-S f/1:3.5-5.6G VR, 50mm f/1.4D, 105mm f/2.8G, 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G, 300mm f/2.8G ED AF-S VR IF, Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3, Nikon AF-STC-20Eii 2.0x Teleconverter and 2 SB-900s with reflectors, light stands, LumiQuest Softbox iii, & umbrellas.

I_A_N is offline dPS Forum Member

I also agree with the above, a little too loud, plus I am no fan of so many Typ faces together in one small logo.

just my thoughts though.

xhan is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KathrynWilson View Post
    I agree - I find the colors you have used make the logo look dated.
    I agree - it is very dated. If i'm stuck for logo ideas I always go for a nice legible font, one colour and leave it at that.

Simple is always best!!
    Flickr Portfolio Blog

Canon EOS350D
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 II | Canon EF-S 60mm 1:2.8 USM | Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II | Canon EF-S 55-250mm 1:4-5.6

kbradley88 is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OsmosisStudios View Post
    I also don't know what your company does or how the number reflects anything besides simply having a number.
    Did you even read her post before critiquing? Just to be fair......

"DEPA stands for "Departamento" or apartment. 11 because I grew up in the apartment 11. When I got married I moved to another part of the city and the apartment number was also 11."
    Nikon D50, 18-55 Nikkor kit lens, Nikkor 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 70-300 Macro DG, Nikkor 50 f/1.8, Tamron 55-200, Nikon SB600 speed light.
    Point & shoot: Canon Power Shot A620 that I LOVE!
    Feel free to edit my pics and post back to DPS
    Winchentucky Chronicles

habed is offline dPS Forum Member

Thank you all for your input.

As I mentioned before, I designed it (Do not have any designing education) to reflect some of my personality. I'd always liked bright colors, simplicity and I like to have fun when I work.

Also, it was intended just for kids.

So far I've had great responses from people. The logo itself has been a topic in many events (Both kids and grown ups).

Your feedback is important to me. I've been thinking for a while now that I may create 2 "divisions" or business areas of my business. One just for kids and one for "grown ups" and have 2 different logos. Keep this one for all kids related and the other one (same name) more serious, elegant, professional for the other events.

Not gonna happen soon since economy is bad and I already have the Vests done with the logo.

Thanks again.... All your opinions will be taken into consideration
    Visit me http://500px.com/haphotographer
    Like me http://www.facebook.com/HAphotographer
    2 Canon 60D; Canon EF-S 50mm f1.8, EF L 70-200mm f2.8 and Sigma 10-20mm f3.5, 2 Canon Speedlite 580 ex ii

OsmosisStudios is offline Don't Panic

Quote Originally Posted by kbradley88 View Post
    Did you even read her post before critiquing? Just to be fair......

"DEPA stands for "Departamento" or apartment. 11 because I grew up in the apartment 11. When I got married I moved to another part of the city and the apartment number was also 11."
    I did, but "departamento" and 11 are, otherwise, completely random. They need to be better represented.
    I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
    Website
    Gear List
    500PX

Page 1 of 2 12 Last