Close
Close
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Watermark

John Hendry is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biomech View Post
    This isn't exactly true.

Watermarks are fantastic for viral marketing (ie across social media).

Also, they can help prevent theft. It's true, if someone REALLY wants it, they will get it. But watermarking your images is like parking your bentley next to a mondeo - people will steal the mondeo because it's less effort. (and like wise, if people really want a Bentley, they'll take it anyway)

To the OP, think about your watermark from outside the box. Your watermark should be easy to trace, there are 41,400,000 results for "jack baker" on Google, I didn't look, but I'm guessing most of the result pages don't show you ;P

Yip there no harm in watermarking your images, its just a bit of trial and error to get it right.

all the best

carapada is offline I'm new here!

can you tell me about watermark tool allows us to watermark any of my photos with a variety set of options ?

TylerRandall is offline PhotoShoots

I put a watermark just to leave my mark in an image; I designed my logo and that's my watermark/signature so I feel like it's just like signing my art. However unlike many water markers(not sure how to classify that group o_o ) I set my watermark to 25px brush in Photoshop place it somewhere on the clients clothes however with a very transparent opacity so it would only be noticed by me (well and you now...) if I zoomed in a lot.
    Visit my Website (:

Also you should go ahead and visit my Facebook page Tyler Randall - PhotoShoots
    Oh and don't forget to like it (:

Biomech is offline World Commended

I've thought about doing that, a small "mark" that you don't see unless you look for it. Then you don't have people saying it ruins the image, but you can prove its yours. The only downside is when people steal the image and downsize it and the mark gets lost
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

TylerRandall is offline PhotoShoots

Eh. I'm not really worried about my images getting stolen; if they are stolen however I'm sure I wouldn't need a watermark to prove it's mine.
    Visit my Website (:

Also you should go ahead and visit my Facebook page Tyler Randall - PhotoShoots
    Oh and don't forget to like it (:

dlbiininja is offline dPS Forum Member

Yea, I can relate to the trial and error had a hideous font once I started playing with it in lightroom. I've finessed it to a better look now. Now dealing with people who want to crop it out and not say shit about who it's from. With no change of money. And on some images you can see the watermark in the pics that they cropped. As a result some pics have disappeared from their sites as a result of it.

mokka is offline dPS +1000 Club

This is a new type of Spam. This 'hellooo' 'person' has suddenly posted in loads of threads (necro-ing a good few) and the posts are just copy-and-pastes of parts of comments other people made earlier in the thread.

Page 2 of 2 First 12