Close
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Looking for opinions on new logo

Thought I'd make a new logo last night (attached). Curious for some feedback. I have some thoughts but will hear what others have to say before I blab on too much and over prime any feedback.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OsmosisStudios is offline Don't Panic

I find it hard to read, personally. Your letterspacing (kerning) is also uneven, which needs to be addressed — I'd tighten it up. There's also an issue with the font choice: it's just not working at the size you've got it set right now.
    I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
    Website
    Gear List
    500PX

Quote Originally Posted by OsmosisStudios View Post
    I find it hard to read, personally. Your letterspacing (kerning) is also uneven, which needs to be addressed I'd tighten it up. There's also an issue with the font choice: it's just not working at the size you've got it set right now.
    Thanks for the feedback "es" and "on" could get a bit tighter but I'm not sure about any of the others or are you saying to actually have the letters more narrow?

Not working how? Issue how? I'm assuming you're talking about the "es armson" or "photography"?

AceCo55 is online now dPS Forum Member

The "a" is not immediately obvious to me. I keep seeing a "q" or possibly a fancy "o"
    My opinion is not worth much, but the logo doesn't work for me - I can't tell you specifically why, but it may be the choice of font. I'm assuming you will be using the "W" as your branding. You might possibly want to think about using two complementary colours to enhance the "look".

TylerRandall is offline PhotoShoots

Honestly I think everything is fine except for the font on the "es armson". It needs to be changed; so much to the point that it takes away from the rest of the logo. I just find the lettering to be very tacky and cliche, kind of like Comic Sans.

I like the rest of it though (:
    Visit my Website (:

Also you should go ahead and visit my Facebook page Tyler Randall - PhotoShoots
    Oh and don't forget to like it (:

Brian Headlee is offline Marathon Press

Smile

I get that most on this forum wish to save money, and that there seem to be few that are into photography as a full time thing. If you are a part timer just wanting to have fun and make a few extra bucks then I think you are good to go. However if you are serious and want to start a full time photography business, then i'd hire a professional. It makes no sense to me that so many are willing to save a couple hundred dollars, when it can truly cost you thousands in the long run. Same thing goes for many of the websites I see on this forum. The right look and branding goes along way into how successful your studio can become. Powerful branding speaks to the quality of your product, helps you price your photography to make a profit and will in general get your studio noticed.

Here is a logo system I designed as an example, something like this can cost you around $400 - $500. Maybe cheaper if you get lucky and find the right place. A studio with branding like this, if the photography is decent, the photographer is motivated and has a decent personality can find himself constantly booked and making higher averages than most. Hope the info is as helpful as it's intended to be. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

kevingeary is offline dPS Forum Member

The only relevant opinion here is: if you care about what people think, hire a professional to do it.

shawnartistic is offline I'm new here!

I am expert in Logo design , bro usher design and web design. Would you like to design a logo then contact me.

Biomech is offline World Commended

Brian Headlee.... do you freelance? If so, what are your rates for what you do (graphics/logos)?

If so, I'll add you to my list of go to guys
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

Brian Headlee is offline Marathon Press

Sorry Biomech . . . I don't freelance much, and honestly when I do my fees are usually higher than what we charge at Marathon. However if you have something you'd like me to work on . . . just contact Marathon and ask for me. I've gotten the OK to offer anyone here at DPS logos for $395. That is our "special" rate. Usually $495.

Glad you liked the Raffine logo, funny thing is that company doesn't actually exist. We are working on developing a bunch of new branding products and we needed a company to show as an example. Instead of using a real client I made one up!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last