Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Business name ideas

rspears is offline The Wedding Guy

angelascamera.com is currently available
    Rich Spears www.rspearsphotography.com
    Blog | Flickr | Zenfolio
    Nikon D3s, D700, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm 1.8

PixelGun is offline Focal Engineer

Interesting choice of domain names, at first when I say that domain name I think a photography shop or retailer such as Wolf Camera or Ritz Camera.

MattEthan is offline Storyteller :)

Quote Originally Posted by Biomech View Post
    I think it depends on what you're doing, whether you're just a photographer working on your own or you're actually running a company.

The biggest mark against using your name is that if you get a bad rep, it has your name, literally, all over it. You can't sell the business either.
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelGun View Post
    Using your real name as a domain name, website name, or business name personally identifies a business with the owner thus creating a certain connection directly to a specific photographer. It also creates a brand that is unique to you and your style of photography and also shows perspective clients that you are proud of your work by affixing you name to your work!
    I agree with both of these points. Its actually very useful to think about where you want to go with the future of your business and these are considerations worth making.

Biomech is offline World Commended

^^ Personally, what I do / have done, is setup a creative company name (ie not my name). I then section off parts of the company into brands, register the domains and market them seperately. This way I can manage, promote and sell any particular section (brand) without it having a negative impact on "the company".

And, actually, if you look at most of the brands in your house, you'll find they all come from about only 5 major suppliers (like GSK, Pepsico, Mars Inc. etc)

But like I said, it depends what you're doing, I don't just provide photography.
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

PixelGun is offline Focal Engineer

Yea, how could I have missed that one. Your right when I think of Pepsi I also think of jamieorourke.co.uk....
    dlbiininja likes this.

Biomech is offline World Commended

You know, I can't actually work out if you're a complete bellend, a troll or just trying to be humorous
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

josh14 is offline I'm new here!

Add your "second name" photography

djmoonlight is offline dPS Forum Member

You have to see also about related things that will be connected to the name you wanted.

Tracylee88 is offline I'm new here!

What about pure life foto

Havico is offline A Serious Hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by ang1995 View Post
    Thanks everyone!

I've been trying not to think too hard. Everyone else has been giving me ideas. Haven't really come up of any on my own.

Anyone else???
    I would say leave it alone for a few days, even a week or two. Even though we are giving you ideas, just leave it alone. Think about something else, grab your gear and get out and shoot. The reasoning behind this is simple -- your brain will be in creative mode while you are shooting. Also, get out of your comfort zone while you shoot this will force your brain to become even more creative. As this happens, you will come up with a very catchy name for your business, in addition, create a list of all things you like, nick names, scriptures, etc., keep the list in your camera bag. Once you are inspired by something write it down then after a few days go back an look at the list (probably pretty lengthy at this point) start looking over the list, maybe combing the words, maybe you can create acronyms, and if you are dead set on using your name try it as a different spelling or even in a different language. For example, my business name represents my line number (#3) when I pledge my fraternity. The name sounded very good to the ear and looked very good to the eye. Then I typed it in MS Word in different fonts just to see how it would possibly look on a business card. You want to make sure it's not too hard to remember (if the client loses the card or speaking about it to someone else), not too long for business card purposes. The website well... no one wants to type a a football field long word in the search engine (ex. http://www.angelic-photography-and-i...on-college.com) Hell! Try putting that on a card, shirt, pen, mouse-pad or any other promotional material. Hopefully, this helps!
    Tre'Club Images
    Weapon of choice -- a Nikon D750
    Facebook|Flickr|Model Mayhem
    "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last