Close
Close
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Business name ideas

PixelGun is offline Focal Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by ajax_andy View Post
    what 'JamieO'RourkePhotography' came to you out of the blue? Would have thought that would have been your 1st point of call
    LMAO This guy make be laugh!
    dlbiininja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ang1995 View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm trying to get my business started and get a website but I don't have a business name. I want the name and web address to match but so far haven't been able to come up with anything that I just love. I would like to use my name and photography but it's already taken so that's out.
    My photography style would be I guess just trying to keep things as natural as possible, get the peoples personalities, I do not have a studio and don't like indoor pictures unless they are newborns which I do love to do pictures of.

Please! Any ideas would be very helpful and welcome.

Here are a couple that people have come up with. I just don't really like any of them...

Lifelight Photography, Life in Light, Eye of Light, Lens of an Angel, An Angels View, Angelic Photographs...I think thats about all of them.
    Heavenly Light Studios
    Heavenly Light Images
    Light From Above
    50 Shades of Light

tag line - "Heavenly Light Photographs Touched by an Angel"

ajax_andy is offline dPS +1000 Club

Angel / Heavenly etc all have religious connotatations to me... I'd avoid anything like this tbh unless you live in a very religious area.

I have no idea what you're full name is Angela, but if you're fullnamephotography.com has been taken what about something else like:

Angela Smith Photo
    Photography by Angela
    Camgela (that one's a joke btw )

Quote Originally Posted by ajax_andy View Post
    Angel / Heavenly etc all have religious connotatations to me... I'd avoid anything like this tbh unless you live in a very religious area.

I have no idea what you're full name is Angela, but if you're fullnamephotography.com has been taken what about something else like:

Angela Smith Photo
    Photography by Angela
    Camgela (that one's a joke btw )
    Great for a wedding photographer!

Biomech is offline World Commended

LMAO This guy make be laugh!
    And you make me sad.
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

Quote Originally Posted by Biomech View Post
    And you make me sad.
    You sad bro? I know the sun doesn't come out much in the UK but things will be ok. If you need some help then I got some help for you!

sarahashleyphotos is offline Wedding & Portrait Photog

A lot of people here seem to be against using your name which is odd. All of the very successful photographers that I know of use their names as their business name. Anything else just sounds cheesy imo. Though if you were a large company of several photographers something cheesy may work. I choose to use my first and middle names just in case I get married and change my last name someday.

MattEthan is offline Storyteller :)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahashleyphotos View Post
    A lot of people here seem to be against using your name which is odd. All of the very successful photographers that I know of use their names as their business name. Anything else just sounds cheesy imo. Though if you were a large company of several photographers something cheesy may work. I choose to use my first and middle names just in case I get married and change my last name someday.
    Yeah, I agree with this, although its not universal, one awesome duo are Nordica Photography... but the rest (for me) use their names.

Also agree with Andy, maybe change the URL options/ Registered name options slightly...?

Biomech is offline World Commended

I think it depends on what you're doing, whether you're just a photographer working on your own or you're actually running a company.

The biggest mark against using your name is that if you get a bad rep, it has your name, literally, all over it. You can't sell the business either.
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

Using your real name as a domain name, website name, or business name personally identifies a business with the owner thus creating a certain connection directly to a specific photographer. It also creates a brand that is unique to you and your style of photography and also shows perspective clients that you are proud of your work by affixing you name to your work!
    Last edited by PixelGun; 12-20-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last