Close
Close
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Biomech is offline World Commended

I see how that works better...thank you for the suggestion.
    No worries, just me being picky :P
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

NewGirl13 is offline dPS Forum Member

1. I would practice, a lot. I do think some of your images have potential. Would I buy them? Not right now, because I can go out and take that same photo and make it better. I realize you are shooting in auto in some of the photos, but I'd look into getting Lightroom, Photoshop, etc. If I'm looking at a photo to buy, I want it to look professional.

2.I would check into finding a professional printing company like White House Custom Color, ColorInc, etc...to print your photos with. Browse sites like Etsy, SmugMug and see what other artists are charging for their work.

3. Selling photos online can be difficult. I've sold for two years on Etsy and have sold about 30 prints. There are so many different photographers and artists out there that you really have to be patient, get your name and work out there and be noticed before you see any of your prints sold.

4. Don't shoot something that anyone else can, if you do, make sure it's captured in a unique perspective. One thing I look for when I browse for photos to buy is 1. Is it a place I've been and they captured it different? or 2. Is this someplace I haven't been and would like a photo of it? I lived in Europe for a few years, so a lot of places, I have my own photos of, so I don't feel the need to buy those from others. I look for the unusual or something I don't have or can't take a photo of myself. Make sense?
    Canon 450D
    Canon 18-55mm | Canon 10-22mm | Canon 70-300mm | Canon 50mm

"A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words." - Ansel Adams

veritasimagery is offline I'm one of "those" people

If you're willing to spend some money, consistently, then both Zenfolio and Smugmug are pretty good ways to go. Both of them allow you to upload photos, build galleries, and set your profit margin. Then you can have potential clients go to your portfolio and order directly from the company. This takes the money handling and printing/shipping out of your hands.
    Kevin
    Canon EOS 60D, Canon EOS T3i, Canon A-1, Canon AE-1 Program, Various lenses
    http://500px.com/VeritasImageryNW/photos
    http://veritasimagerynw.smugmug.com/

Jim Bryant is offline Stoned Cold Crazy
    2nd star to the left and straight on until morning

Quote Originally Posted by veritasimagery View Post
    If you're willing to spend some money, consistently, then both Zenfolio and Smugmug are pretty good ways to go. Both of them allow you to upload photos, build galleries, and set your profit margin. Then you can have potential clients go to your portfolio and order directly from the company. This takes the money handling and printing/shipping out of your hands.
    I used Exposure Manager.com before turning everything over to Photoshelter.
    http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/jimbryant
    http://jimbryantphotography.blogspot.com/
    (1) EOS 1D MKIII (3) EOS 1D's, (3) EOS1D MKIIs', (1) EOS1Ds MKII, 14mmf2.8, 16-35mmf2.8, 28-70mmf2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, 300mm f2.8 and a 400mmf2.8, (4) 550 EX and 1 580E speedlite, and a Speed a tron studio flash system.

Page 2 of 2 First 12