Close
Close
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    CarissaLyn is offline dPS Forum Member

I think putting the 3 categories on the main page can work with the different fonts, but they need to not be links, just text, imo. Almost every person in this thread was confused by it, I'm sure others would be as well.
    My Website: Carissa Lyn
    My Flickr Photos
    Nikon D5000 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-S | Various speedlights & lighting equipment

veritasimagery is offline I'm one of "those" people

Quote Originally Posted by CarissaLyn View Post
    I think putting the 3 categories on the main page can work with the different fonts, but they need to not be links, just text, imo. Almost every person in this thread was confused by it, I'm sure others would be as well.
    I don't think that they are actual links, but part of the whole banner, which is a link. The problem is that they appear to be links, with the fancy fonts and all. That's why I don't think that they belong there, on the landing page. If the landing page is simply going to direct you to two other businesses, one for "Productions" and one for "Photography", then simply let their names be the links. Don't confuse with the "services" parts. Those can be listed on the actual business pages.
    Kevin
    Canon EOS 60D, Canon EOS T3i, Canon A-1, Canon AE-1 Program, Various lenses
    http://500px.com/VeritasImageryNW/photos
    http://veritasimagerynw.smugmug.com/

ChrisAdval is offline The Low Key Special-ist

Got it thanks guys... on redesigning the landing page from my original post I was going for my a match design from the business cards I would give out such as these here

Business Cards for Chris Adval Photography 01 by Chris Adval, on Flickr

I may end up just scraping the landing page don't know yet.. :\
    Website | Facebook Fanpage | Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Model Mayhem

Canon; 24-70 2.8L, 50 1.4, Tamron 70-200 2.8, 6D, 550D/T2i, 20D, and XSi.

veritasimagery is offline I'm one of "those" people

On the business cards, the "Seniors" etc look good, it's just they look like links on the landing page.

My thought was to just leave the business names as links on the landing page, and then you can duplicate the cards on their separate pages. And you can use the "Seniors" stuff as links to those galleries.
    Kevin
    Canon EOS 60D, Canon EOS T3i, Canon A-1, Canon AE-1 Program, Various lenses
    http://500px.com/VeritasImageryNW/photos
    http://veritasimagerynw.smugmug.com/

Biomech is offline World Commended

Scrap the splash page
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

dakwegmo is offline instigator

Quote Originally Posted by Biomech View Post
    Scrap the splash page
    Agreed. It's confusing and looks rather amateurish compared to the rest of the site. The dotted.png overlay takes your otherwise good photos and makes every model look like they have the most bizarre blackhead pattern ever. If you must use a lame right click hack, at least replace it with a transparent.png (or gif for backwards compatibility with IE), so that it doesn't interfere with the look of your images. Also, the link for the "About Me" section displays the photo of the black couple when you mouse over it. That seems kind of weird to me, what are you trying to say about you? Lastly, on the contact tab, I find the white form on the black background quite jarring visually. I'd replace the white with a darker grey to be easier on the eyes.

Overall, I think the site looks good, just a few minor things I would fix.
    [ԯ] marcus
    photoblog | Facebook | flickr | 5∞ px | G+

ChrisAdval is offline The Low Key Special-ist

Quote Originally Posted by dakwegmo View Post
    Agreed. It's confusing and looks rather amateurish compared to the rest of the site. The dotted.png overlay takes your otherwise good photos and makes every model look like they have the most bizarre blackhead pattern ever. If you must use a lame right click hack, at least replace it with a transparent.png (or gif for backwards compatibility with IE), so that it doesn't interfere with the look of your images. Also, the link for the "About Me" section displays the photo of the black couple when you mouse over it. That seems kind of weird to me, what are you trying to say about you? Lastly, on the contact tab, I find the white form on the black background quite jarring visually. I'd replace the white with a darker grey to be easier on the eyes.

Overall, I think the site looks good, just a few minor things I would fix.
    got rid of the landing page, and dotted effect that was on the template, not sure what you mean by "right click hack"

Not sure what image I should use for "about" I assumed a couple shot would be a nicer choice for people to think I make great couple shots... don't know I was trying to cater to the target market the whole site is catering to.

As for the contact form I'll try to figure that out on changing the color.
    Website | Facebook Fanpage | Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Model Mayhem

Canon; 24-70 2.8L, 50 1.4, Tamron 70-200 2.8, 6D, 550D/T2i, 20D, and XSi.

Page 2 of 2 First 12