Close
Close
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    ashley9078 is offline I'm new here!

Default Take a look at my site? Pretty Please! :)

Hi all!

So i have been on and off these boards for about a year now and feel like I have improved in my photography by leaps and bounds. If anyone could please check out my pages and leave some constructive criticism I would greatly appreciate it! and feel free to like my facebook page if you wish! PLEASE and THANKS!!

https://www.facebook.com/ReneeAshPhotography

http://reneeashphotography.zenfolio.com

MGP
    MGP is offline dPS Forum Member

I hate flash on the first page. It won't even load on my slow old computer.

RichardTaylor is offline dPS +1000 Club

I like a lot your photographs ( I would drop the ones that are not real sharp and pic #30 (with the door frame comming out of the babys head) and the site is looks clean.
    No problems with flash (on a fast internt connection and have a decent PC).
    Music on most sites doesn't appeal to me at all, even though it can be turned off.

Thank you for taking the time to add your 2cents! I appreciate it.

I also am on the fence with music on the page. Is that how a lot of people feel?

As for image #30 i see what you are saying but I don't feel that it's a huge distraction as it is completely out of focus?

THANKS again!

sarahashleyphotos is offline Wedding & Portrait Photog

I use zenfolio too! You have a decent start but you really need to add text so search engens will pick up your website. Fill in the keywords and description. To find this click preferences then search engine tools. Enter keywords by editing your images. Double click the image then click the arrow at the bottom and click edit description. Also if you add a welcome message with your location and / or the area that you serve that would help. Every box that says seo next to it is picked up by search engines.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahashleyphotos View Post
    I use zenfolio too! You have a decent start but you really need to add text so search engens will pick up your website. Fill in the keywords and description. To find this click preferences then search engine tools. Enter keywords by editing your images. Double click the image then click the arrow at the bottom and click edit description. Also if you add a welcome message with your location and / or the area that you serve that would help. Every box that says seo next to it is picked up by search engines.
    THANK YOU!! I will work on that tonight. I knew I was missing some things on there. It's a work in progress

sk66 is online now Lovable Contrarian

I'm not sure about the slide show on the home page...a large image that rotates thru a few is fine, but everything there is overwhelming and negates the portfolio. I don't like music on websites 99% of the time. (I usually browse w/ volume turned off)

The portfolio dropdown does not include all of the portfolio sections.

Otherwise, pretty nice.

Biomech is offline World Commended

It's facebook and zenfolio - I don't review those.
    But when I clicked it, it did appear slow to load - before I left
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

THANKS again! I widled down the slideshow images and added the missing portfolio links. I also removed the music. My actual website landing page is in the works so no need to insult. I have just begun this journey and don't have the means to have everything started at once. Everyone starts somewhere right? I am trying to get each step along the way correct before jumping to the next.

PixelGun is offline Focal Engineer

I too use zenfolio. Great service but a bit high on the fee's..

A tip on slide shows - try using images with the same dimensions and stick either too landscape or portrait orientation.. Don't mix and match. The dead space (Grey background) is not appealing to the design and takes focus away from the image

The welcome to my site statement is also not displayed in a manner that promotes easy reading or design flow.

I would be willing to assist with your design and create a custom template for you!

Note - I also noticed that alot of your images displayed in the galleries are using different Color profiles. ordering prints with zenfolio/Mpix, the Adobe color profiles do not return great results. Either use the profiles provided by Mpix or sRGB and you will be happy with the result.

http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/pnp/mpix.aspx#iccProfiles
    Last edited by PixelGun; 12-13-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last