Close
Close
    sk66 is offline Lovable Contrarian

Default Professional Photography Business Insurance

I'm in the process of updating my insurance policy and thinking about moving it to another provider. I'm moving it from "personal" to my LLC.
    Thru Traveler's: 24k equipment coverage, 6k incidental equipment coverage (i.e. computers), 1M liability, 250 deductible. Cost is $650 annually. It does not cover any kind of studio work and requires any sub I hire to have equal coverage (i.e. they will not cover the sub or me for anything caused by the sub). Not sure if the equipment coverage is actual value or replacement....I'm waiting for the written quote to come in.
    They also seem to be very specific about what they will cover. I.e. Budoir photography is specifically not covered. Might not be covered for wedding photography..etc etc.

Coverage is for sports, motor sports, wildlife, personal photography (that's what I listed/requested).

Good/Bad/Average?
    I'm not a member of any association; would something like PPA provide "better" options?
    Last edited by sk66; 12-10-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sk66 View Post
    ......they also seem to be very specific about what they will cover. I.e. Budoir photography is specifically not covered.
    (Wondering to self...) Why? That sounds pretty arbitrary...
    Dave.

Because "liability" insurance isn't only for if someone were to get injured.. And what a photographer "could do" with boudoir pics and the trouble that could cause is also touchy. They also specifically don't provide protection for "sexual misconduct."

Jim Bryant is offline Stoned Cold Crazy
    2nd star to the left and straight on until morning

That sounds about what I paid through Taylor and Taylor, give or take.
    http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/jimbryant
    http://jimbryantphotography.blogspot.com/
    (1) EOS 1D MKIII (3) EOS 1D's, (3) EOS1D MKIIs', (1) EOS1Ds MKII, 14mmf2.8, 16-35mmf2.8, 28-70mmf2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, 300mm f2.8 and a 400mmf2.8, (4) 550 EX and 1 580E speedlite, and a Speed a tron studio flash system.

Does Taylor and Taylor have as many limitations as others? I know they are more "photography oriented," or at least do a lot of it.