Close
Close
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    smudged-blue is offline dPS Forum Member

I'm not a professional photographer but I know enough to know that looks cheap, distracting and as Brian Headlee say's very amateurish.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - author unknown

My greatest Loves- My husband, our 3 boy's, animals, my canon EOS 650D, my canon EFs 18-55mm, EFs 18-135mm, EF 50mm and EF90-300mm lens, my speedlite 320EX and creating with prisma premier colored pencils.

slzer is offline dPS Forum Member

ok so i had a little think and a bit of a rebrand (the whole slzer thing is just a game name i used all my life and i think its time i drop it lol) now is this any better...

David Mason Photography

logo4

logo4black

logo4whiteonblack
    Last edited by slzer; 12-07-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Brian Headlee is offline Marathon Press

It's better, but still not professional looking. Here's an example, let's say this is your competition. Where do you think people will go . . . Azzura or dmp? Who's photography are they gonna assume is better . . . Azzura or dmp? Who will have a harder time pricing their photography high enough to actually make a decent profit . . . Azzura or dmp?

If a three hundred dollars is too much to come up with for your photography business, maybe you are just not ready to be in business. Just something to think about. I don't want to dash your hopes. I just want to help you to understand how important this is and if you cut corners how it can cost you in the end. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Headlee View Post
    It's better, but still not professional looking. Here's an example, let's say this is your competition. Where do you think people will go . . . Azzura or dmp? Who's photography are they gonna assume is better . . . Azzura or dmp? Who will have a harder time pricing their photography high enough to actually make a decent profit . . . Azzura or dmp?

If a three hundred dollars is too much to come up with for your photography business, maybe you are just not ready to be in business. Just something to think about. I don't want to dash your hopes. I just want to help you to understand how important this is and if you cut corners how it can cost you in the end. Good luck.
    i understand where you are coming from but i am not looking at earning a complete living from this, as i am currently a student studying mechanical engineering. I am merely a part time photographer doing small local events in general. so kinda looking for hits on how i could improve this one i guess
    Last edited by slzer; 12-07-2012 at 05:26 PM.

I gotcha . . . student, limited resources. Not looking for a career in photography.

Keep it simple. When you try to be too cute things can go wrong. I like this logo better than the last because it is a solid one color mark. I also like the font choice better but, the stair stepping of the letters with the camera shape create some odd spaces. Also it comes off a bit hokey. You might think of using DM Photography instead of DMP just so the word photography is there.

Good luck bud, and like i said earlier wasn't trying to dash your hopes, just wanted to point you in the best direction.
    Last edited by Brian Headlee; 12-07-2012 at 06:11 PM.

thankyou, ill have another play around with that idea this evening maybe and see if i can improve on it... i've got all christmas hols to perfect it before im back working regularly again XD

I feel bad for misreading your original post. I didn't spend a ton of time on this, but I'd go in a direction more like this. If you dig it feel free to rip it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Headlee View Post
    I feel bad for misreading your original post. I didn't spend a ton of time on this, but I'd go in a direction more like this. If you dig it feel free to rip it off.
    :P annoyingly i do like it quite allot! but then again this sort of help is why i posted on here! cheers ill make my own version ofc :P for the experience if nothing else x

Biomech is offline World Commended

I like Brians
    If you really wanted the DMP you could combine the letters something like this but better (but I prefer Brians)
    Art: www.jamieorourke.co.uk
    Work: www.jamieorourkephotography.co.uk
    Sony a200 Sony a580, Canon 500D, Canon 550D, Canon 600D, Canon 600D

Page 2 of 2 First 12