Close
Close
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    andyw is offline Grumpy Old Man

raw files forever (culled to get rid of the real rubbish which would never see the light of day though)
    edits - anything from 1 - 10 years depending on the what/where/when/why of the shots.

Negatives/trannies - if it were not for the fact that a fire destroyed a load about 10 years ago then I would have all of them as well.

I have a very very full garage
    If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?

Personal work

karloznz is offline dPS Forum Member

I use lightroom - I make a fresh catalouge for each job I do. make two sub directories - One for raw files other for exported files for CD to give client. - I delete - via light room all the files that wont be on CD for client (via lightroom) before I export the files to CD for the client . I copy the who lot to local external drive and back it up one a month to second drive that I store off site.

BK553 is offline Insert witty tagline here

I keep everything. Not because I need to, but because it costs more in labor to go through and delete things than it does to buy new hardware. I delete OOF or super-poorly exposed (I'm looking at you, TTL) photos in-camera, but after that they all get archived with all the rest. It's impossible to tell when a photo that meant nothing one day could be something you need the next. I've had a bride email me looking for a photo of her grandfather who died shortly after her wedding, and even though I never included it with her delivered photos, I still had a good photo of him (which turned out to be the one of the last ones taken of him).

Anyway, its costs time to go through and delete photos, and storage is so cheap that it's just not worth it for me.
    1D4 7D 500D 70-200mm 2.8L 17-50mm 2.8 50mm 1.4 430EXII

Hill Country Hack is offline dPS +1000 Club

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTaylor View Post
    For events, If they havn't been published. or sold. Then one year.
    Personal stuff like vacations/family - Never.
    ^^^^^ Pretty much that. I'm on a cull run now of all the CRAP I took the first year. It is fun to look at them now, snicker, shake my head, face palm and then delete.

BK553 is offline Insert witty tagline here

By the way, Vincent Laforet has a great article that explains my position much better than I can, i highly recommend it: To Delete or Not To Delete – “THAT” is the The Question
    1D4 7D 500D 70-200mm 2.8L 17-50mm 2.8 50mm 1.4 430EXII

Jim Bryant is offline Stoned Cold Crazy
    2nd star to the left and straight on until morning

Quote Originally Posted by BK553 View Post
    By the way, Vincent Laforet has a great article that explains my position much better than I can, i highly recommend it: To Delete or Not To Delete – “THAT” is the The Question
    I have to agree with Vincent Laforet...........I keep everything, except soft or out of focus images.
    http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/jimbryant
    http://jimbryantphotography.blogspot.com/
    (1) EOS 1D MKIII (3) EOS 1D's, (3) EOS1D MKIIs', (1) EOS1Ds MKII, 14mmf2.8, 16-35mmf2.8, 28-70mmf2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, 300mm f2.8 and a 400mmf2.8, (4) 550 EX and 1 580E speedlite, and a Speed a tron studio flash system.

Jesse101 is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by veritasimagery View Post
    Thanks everyone. I am going to look into getting a couple 1TB drives to store my stuff on.
    I keep all of my RAW files. I always have an external hardrive connected to my Comp when editing, everything is saved and transferred automatically once PE is done. Every session/shoot is saved in its own file/subfolder, so if i need to look back 3 years at a specific event, i can hit a simple search and it pops up. when full, i purchase another 59 dollar 1TB ext hard drive. Some back up each hard drive, with me, if one hard drive fails..so is life, i dont like making my life too difficult. Its nice to edit all photos, then export (i usually walk away while this can take an hour depending on the amount of photos edited), pull card out, format in camera and cycle continues.

Xposurepro is offline dPS Forum Member

RAW .. For-E-Va !!! Shoot I still have film negatives from the late 80's neatly stored away LOL .. most got lost in a flood over a decade ago but some survived.
    Randy McKown:: Photography Tutorials & Free Stuff

tinwhistle is offline dPS Forum Member

Except for the ones that are obviously unsalvagable I keep 'em all. External hard drive plus on CD (or DVD), in seperate locations. Ya just never can tell!!!!

tinwhistle
    Turnin' #3...

anumalik81 is offline I'm new here!

Default Attraction of Images

Every .jpegs and .TIFF type images are also looks like very attractive images. Every person may attract to this images.

Page 2 of 2 First 12