Close
Close
Page 3 of 16 First 1234513 ... Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Picture Size **Please Read Before Posting**

Fish Noir Foul is offline I'm new here!

Default 4 Picture Limit

In my stupidity I tried to post more than 4 photos at once and got an ERROR message saying that 4 per post was the limit.
    So I posted 4.
    That's why I said that.
    I really like this site. I'll have to free-up some time to get the proper lay of the land and learn some stuff and hopefully contribute some decent photos.

ssutherland is offline I'm new here!

Default Not all large images count against DPS's bandwidth

If you're worried about bandwidth costs, you might also ask people to consider including their images via an external URL. For instance, it's very easy to post an image to Flickr and use the static URL to include it here. No cost to DPS or to the poster, and takes only marginally more time than uploading directly.

Nicole is offline Dr. Super Moderator

But it still costs some of us individuals in bandwidth too. We all love everyone's pictures, and when we do we'll click through to see larger ones But don't forget that part of the concern is for the users who are on dial up (yes, they do exist) and those of us who have limited bandwidth on our broadband connections Thanks!!
    Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
    Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
    My Flickr

BlueEyedNanuk is offline I'm new here!

Is it the deminsion or actual file size that's affecting the bandwidth?
    I have been using my photoshop CS2 and reducing the image to about 1200x1600 and then use the "Save for Web" option and optimise it to a maximum file size of 95k. I thought I had read to keep it within one of those parameters of 97k or 600x800px.

I am a high-speeder but also like to see an image with enough size to it to impress me. I actually have been skipping over smaller images that don't show enough detail because it's too small. (I have dual moniitors and have set my screens to 1024x768/flat and 1280x1024/crt)

wulf is offline Ninja Moderator

Dimension affects screen layout; file size is the parameter for bandwidth. The default medium dimensions on Flickr (500px on the longest side) give enough of an image to at least make a judgement about whether to look at it larger while keeping file size reasonable.

Wulf
    Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

Nicole is offline Dr. Super Moderator

*bump*

Bumping this thread for people who haven't noticed the sticky or who are new For more information about how to post pictures that link back to the larger size, check out the FAQs
    Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
    Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
    My Flickr

WriterBarb is offline I'm new here!

Default Picture Size

I'm on a very limited budget, and can't afford dial-up. Large pictures take a lot of time to download. I think it's a wonderful idea you limited picture size to small-medium.

sarah_kumihan is offline I'm new here!

peterbryenton is offline I'm new here!

Default Newbie checking picture details

Hello.

Thanks for an interesting place to visit.

3562_Seeing_Double

This would have been my submission for the Assignment:Seeing Double project, but my camera tells me I took it on August 12 2007, so it's outside the window specified (and the camera never lies, ho-ho).

I searched the FAQ to see how to add EXIF data to a small jpeg like this one, but I couldn't find anything. Then I went round in ever-decreasing circles with Adobe Image Ready and Photoshop help files, before giving up. Please could someone help me with this?

Regards,

Peter Bryenton
    www.brypix.com
    Last edited by peterbryenton; 08-26-2007 at 09:46 AM. Reason: FAQ found (thanks Nicole)

peterbryenton is offline I'm new here!

For those of you on a low budget, there's a very good free image editor for re-sizing (and many other tweaks). It's called IrfanView and is available for download at www.irfanview.com

Page 3 of 16 First 1234513 ... Last