Close
Close
Page 2 of 16 First 123412 ... Last
    Teewinot is offline dPS Forum Member

Ok I'm slow....

I just found that I had checked the "Hide my EXIF data" box in Flickr...unchecked it! Running another experiment...

Edit: Got it to work this time...and I assume I must keep photos public....so after all this I answered my own question! Sorry for the flood...
    Last edited by Teewinot; 07-05-2007 at 04:33 PM.
    Cameras: Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 40D
    Lenses:
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM FLD, Tamron SP 500mm f/8 CF
    Digital Darkroom: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 and Adobe Photoshop CS5

OK to re-edit or re-post my photo(s) on DPS only ... Website ... Blog ... Flickr

wulf is offline Ninja Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by xhan View Post
    Thats fair enough but not everyone has access to a beach who wants to enter! Surely a mix of old and new is good! It give exposure to someone's older work!
    If you don't live near a beach, you will have to be more creative. In fact, even if you live right next to a gorgeous beach, it will still pay to be creative - the title doesn't just mean pictures of sun, sea and sand.

I'm firmly in favour of new shots - you could always take a picture of yourself looking wistfully at your old shots!

Wulf
    Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

Saralonde is offline Administrator

Definitely new pics. Creativity has a great deal to do with it.
    Linda
    My Gear
    OK to re-edit and repost my shots on dps
    flickr

thingy is offline dPS Forum Member
    Longhoughton, Northumberland (Near Alnwick)

Sounds great. I'm with the new pics and as some of you have said, it's about creativity so even geographical location shouldn't hinder in most cases. I look forward to seeing some of the results.

I assume as it's a competition type of thing, the thread will be locked on the last day to prevent further submission such as the ongoing assignment threads.

G

NaturesPixel is offline Super User

even tho this is a contest the threads will NOT be locked afterwards... people still liek to submit long after the assignment is finished for the week

as for time zones... well Im EST i think???so Toronto Time? ??
    so much easier in Australia i knew i was AEST...lol
    Cheers
    Leisa

Nikon D80 | Sigma 50-500mm EX DG HSM | Sigma APO 70-300 | Sigma 50mm macro | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikkor 18-70mm | Lensbaby 2.0 | SB-800 Speedlight | Black Macbook C2D
    Little pixels from my world . Flickr

thingy is offline dPS Forum Member
    Longhoughton, Northumberland (Near Alnwick)

LOL Well Im in Peru at the moment so I don't know where that puts me.

If you aren't going to lock the threads then might I suggest posting in the thread on the last day to state that "only submissions before this post are entered" or something similar to prevent any confusion after the event.

G

jalenaaron is offline I'm new here!

Im not sure I get that...If you post a contest on a wednesday and on the next tuesday it must be in or the tuesday in two weeks?

Nicole is offline Dr. Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jalenaaron View Post
    Im not sure I get that...If you post a contest on a wednesday and on the next tuesday it must be in or the tuesday in two weeks?
    To give a more concrete example. Say that the assignment is announced on the 1st. The assignment will open on the 8th, and the assignment will close on the 15th. So, this gives you 1 week to plan before the assignment actually starts. Hope that's clearer.
    Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
    Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
    My Flickr

YoAshnish is offline dPS Forum Member

I like this idea! Sounds like fun! And I love the "new" photos rule, even though, right now, getting to the beach and taking photos means tons of people....I'll manage something
    Nikon D80, Nikkor 18-135 Kit Lens, Circular Polarizer Filter
    Konica Minolta Dimage Z6
    My Flickr My 360 My Blog

Teewinot is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    To give a more concrete example. Say that the assignment is announced on the 1st. The assignment will open on the 8th, and the assignment will close on the 15th. So, this gives you 1 week to plan before the assignment actually starts. Hope that's clearer.
    Just to be clearest....are we allowed to start shooting during the 'planning period' (this being relevant since EXIF data will be checked for the date the submitted photo was shot)? In this example, that would be from the 1st to the 8th... And so then in our current real life situation, would it mean we could begin shooting beach photos now...?
    Cameras: Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 40D
    Lenses:
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM FLD, Tamron SP 500mm f/8 CF
    Digital Darkroom: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 and Adobe Photoshop CS5

OK to re-edit or re-post my photo(s) on DPS only ... Website ... Blog ... Flickr

Page 2 of 16 First 123412 ... Last