Close
Close
Page 14 of 16 First ... 41213141516 Last
    Digidave is offline Class Clown

Quote Originally Posted by gizemekiz View Post
    if you're using a Mac:
    right click on the file ---- click get info ----click more info
    and it tells you all about it..
    Thanks! I was hoping someone with a Mac would chime in here.
    MY GEAR

Flickriver

I turned out to be the only hell my Momma ever raised.

harleysgm is offline I'm new here!

Question Huh??

Seemed like a fun assignment and a learning one. Sadly, it just got way to comlicated for me!!

Adeincyprus is offline I'm new here!

Question Exif

Exactly what is it, where is it, does it change if I edit shots with PS. I am very new to this digi photog stuff, I don't have a serious camera yet, as I don't have the money. I have been taking some pretty good shots with the camera I do have though, and that is a Nikon Coolpix L16, ok, only a toy to most of you, but I have to start somewhere!

Right now, I am more concerned with this exif thing!

Digidave is offline Class Clown

Quote Originally Posted by Adeincyprus View Post
    Exactly what is it, where is it, does it change if I edit shots with PS. I am very new to this digi photog stuff, I don't have a serious camera yet, as I don't have the money. I have been taking some pretty good shots with the camera I do have though, and that is a Nikon Coolpix L16, ok, only a toy to most of you, but I have to start somewhere!

Right now, I am more concerned with this exif thing!
    EXIF stands for Exchangable Image File Format. It is built into any photo's file & tells you all the camera settings.

If you need it for an assignment here at DPS & use Flickr as your photo hosting site, it can be found by clicking on "More Properties" under "Additional Information". On a Windows computer, you can also find this info if you right-click any photo & then click on "Properties", or "Details" if you are on a Vista computer.

If you do any post production to a photo & click on "Save for web", you will lose that EXIF. That is so the file will be as small as possible. If you need the EXIF, then you should always use the "Save As" option. Also, on Flickr, if you do any PP such as adding a border, I believe you also will lose it.

Just because you don't have a "Serious Camera" doesn't mean you can't come up with some very nice shots. I started with a Point & Shoot camera & did very well with it for a couple of years. I moved up to a DSLR because I wanted more control but a P&S camera is plenty for a lot of people. I hope this doesn't stop you from asking for help or to just share your photos with us here at DPS.
    MY GEAR

Flickriver

I turned out to be the only hell my Momma ever raised.

Adeincyprus is offline I'm new here!

Default exif..............

Hi Digidave.

Thanx for your reply, very helpful. No, owning a P & S camera won't stop me at all, we all have to start somewhere. The thing that might stop me a little is my location.........there are a lot of things we are missing here in Cyprus where I live! I will do what I can, and will ask questions as they come up...........who knows, I might even have some older knowledge from my dark room days that might help here.............

Jeannieward is offline I'm new here!

Quote Originally Posted by Teewinot View Post
    Ok I'm slow....

I just found that I had checked the "Hide my EXIF data" box in Flickr...unchecked it! Running another experiment...

Edit: Got it to work this time...and I assume I must keep photos public....so after all this I answered my own question! Sorry for the flood...
    Where do you check or uncheck the "Hide my EXIF data box in Flickr?

plangereis is offline dPS +1000 Club

Quote Originally Posted by bytesnbarks View Post
    I am still confused.... I dont see beach photos anywhere I only see this thread explaining the topic.... sticky or otherwise.... Not that I have a beach photo to enter, but I am trying to figure it all out for when the time comes that I can take a photo to enter...
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    If you browse back (or search) you will find a beach assignment. It was a long time ago, although occassionally people still submit new images.

Wulf
    I am with bytesnbarks in that I am a little confused about the difference between the weekly assignment and the mini contest. Is the mini contest merely an offshoot of the weekly assignment, but only considered an entry if posted within the first week of the "assignment"? Some clarification would be really appreciated.
    Paul
    "Photography is like any other art...It reflects an individuals vision of life." My flickr

Gear: Canon 40D/ Sigma 18-50 f2.8 macro lens/ Canon 70-200 f4. IS L series lens

wulf is offline Ninja Moderator

That's more or less it. The assignments stay open but, because at some point we need to sort through and pick winners, we bring the contest part of it to a close.

Wulf
    Wulf Forrester-Barker << Sites: blog / flickr >>
    Gear: Nikon D40, Nikon AFS 18-55mm f/3.5 - 5.6G, Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8, Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G, Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro, Raynox DCR-250, Lensbaby 2.0k, SB600

plangereis is offline dPS +1000 Club

Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    That's more or less it. The assignments stay open but, because at some point we need to sort through and pick winners, we bring the contest part of it to a close.

Wulf
    Thanks for the clarification, wulf! You have put my mind at ease. I guess I can chalk it up to the learning curve! Cheers!
    Last edited by plangereis; 06-16-2009 at 05:52 AM. Reason: added info
    Paul
    "Photography is like any other art...It reflects an individuals vision of life." My flickr

Gear: Canon 40D/ Sigma 18-50 f2.8 macro lens/ Canon 70-200 f4. IS L series lens

junpiloto is offline I'm new here!

Default Lifeguard

It's not unusual for people spending time reading books in the beach but this one I saw last this morning is a unique individual (just see the photo).

Equipment: EOS 30D
    Lens: 70-200MM f/2.8 L USM
    Setting: AV priority
    Aperture: f/8
    ISO: 250
    File: shoot at raw and converted using DPP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 14 of 16 First ... 41213141516 Last