Close
Close
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Digidave is online now Class Clown

Quote Originally Posted by ruddog View Post
    That was the first contest I entered, and was pretty discouraged when the winners were never posted. I've entered three times since then, and am still waiting for the winners of the last two to be announced: "It's the Holiday Season" and "Best of the Year - 2011". I was excited when I first heard about the weekly photo assignments, but now it almost seems pointless.
    Pointless? Well, the whole idea behind the weekly assignments is to get people out shooting beyond their comfort zone. The idea of actually being a "winner" of something while doing it is nice, but if that's your only goal then you will certainly be disappointed quite a bit.

I can't speak for the moderators but this is a very busy time of the year. I would encourage everyone to just keep playing along each week. I'm certain it will all be worked out in the long run.
    MY GEAR

Flickriver

I turned out to be the only hell my Momma ever raised.

MsKirpi is offline Love the world around me!

Yeah, I'd like to see the winners from the recent assignments. But am I going to stop taking photographs because of a backlog? Not on your life. I'm not in this to win anything, I'm in it to improve my skills (however slight they may be at the moment) and to get tips and feedback from some really talented folks. I'm glad I found this site!

RLucas is offline Looking for something

Quote Originally Posted by ruddog View Post
    That was the first contest I entered, and was pretty discouraged when the winners were never posted. I've entered three times since then, and am still waiting for the winners of the last two to be announced: "It's the Holiday Season" and "Best of the Year - 2011". I was excited when I first heard about the weekly photo assignments, but now it almost seems pointless.
    Best of: Best of 2011: Weekly Photography Challenge

ruddog is offline I'm new here!

"Winning" isn't my short-term goal, or even something I expect to do, but it is something to shoot for. Right now, I'm just trying to take better photographs. One way to do that is to learn from people who are better than you. It also helps to have someone challenge you to do something that you would not think to do yourself. That's why I started doing the weekly photo assignments here. And if it was just that -- an assignment -- my attitude would be different. But it is presented as a contest, which is why I am annoyed when winners aren't announced.

I appreciate that this is a busy time for people, and I wasn't going to say anything, but I kept seeing this site actively updated with long, well-thought-out articles (which are great by the way) being posted daily, so I agreed with someone with a similar complaint about the contest being neglected and unorganized. When I said "it almost seems pointless", I was referring doing the assignments on this site, versus using any other photo site out there. I'm not going to stop taking photographs. And if there's anything I can do to help out the site, I'd be more than glad to.

stealthy1983 is offline I'm new here!

Hi Newbie to the forums and kinda newbie to the photography world again.....
    I studied photographybacki at college so have a brief understanding but have only rencently got a DSLR....

I have noted down all the topics from the first page and going to have a go at shooting them all just to get back into the swing of things.... Hopefully i do well

here are a few that i quickly uploaded to my Flickr account nowt to do with anything from on here though http://www.flickr.com/photos/71989488@N08/
    Last edited by stealthy1983; 02-28-2012 at 02:08 PM.

AmazingGrace0385 is offline Amazing Grace Photography

Oooh fun! I'm a newb here, but I'm so getting started on these! FUN!
    Last edited by AmazingGrace0385; 03-21-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Canon Rebel t1i, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Canon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Nissin df622 Mark II External Flash
    My Photography

My Business
    My Equipment List

iandra is offline I'm new here!

Default autumn leaves

Taken with Canon G11 Taken 22/4/2012 Mt Lofty Botannic Park
    ISO 320
    Exp 1/640
    f 2.8
    No flash
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gummybearknifes is offline Ayyyyyy

I am going to have to do this! Thank you so much!

mlrep is offline I'm new here!

This is beyond helpful. Much appreciated, thank you.

Craig4Hlp is offline PHOTOGRAPHY

Hi,
    I am Craig I am new user to this forum ..Please help me about the assignments & give some more information about digital photography...

Thanks..
    Craig...

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last