Close
Close
Page 10 of 78 First ... 891011122060 ... Last
    Liquid Cheese is offline I'm new here!

Surely, it is the perfect time to do 'Rain' now, what with all the rain about now.

melanie2457 is offline dPS Forum Member

We have no rain here. It's like 150 degrees outside! Well... it feels like that anyways, its actually in the 90s.
    Nikon D40x, Nikkor 18-55m 1:3.5-5.6G, Tamron 70-300mm 1:4-5.6
    Minolta X-700, MD 50mm 1:1.4, Quantaray 75-200mm :2.8-3.5, Quantaray 28-80mm 1:3.5-4.5

jmadigan is offline dPS Forum Member

How about trying to photograph a cliche? Not as in repeating a cliched shot (sunsets, flowers, etc.), but taking a turn of phrase and trying to portray it literally in a picture?

For example, "Feeling blue" might be one person in a crowd who has (through the magic of post production) blue skin. Or "Time flies" might be a watch sailing through the air. You get the idea.

Nicole is offline Dr. Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jmadigan View Post
    How about trying to photograph a cliche? Not as in repeating a cliched shot (sunsets, flowers, etc.), but taking a turn of phrase and trying to portray it literally in a picture?

For example, "Feeling blue" might be one person in a crowd who has (through the magic of post production) blue skin. Or "Time flies" might be a watch sailing through the air. You get the idea.
    We had a thread like that in Chit Chat a while back... haven't been any new posts to it in a while though, feel free to bump it if you have a cliche / metaphore / simile of your own.
    Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
    Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
    My Flickr

synthesist is offline dPS Forum Member

I haven't had a chance to review everyone else's posts so I apologize if it has already been mentioned. We should have a weekly assignment with just portraits. Id leave it as broad as that to ensure that all the potentially awesome photos get seen.

Nicole is offline Dr. Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by synthesist View Post
    I haven't had a chance to review everyone else's posts so I apologize if it has already been mentioned. We should have a weekly assignment with just portraits. Id leave it as broad as that to ensure that all the potentially awesome photos get seen.
    We've got portrait assignments, so feel free to contribute to any of those
    Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
    Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
    My Flickr

hazmat is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Assignment Suggestion

The open road

ksuta is offline I'm new here!

Default Assignment suggestion: How about "Bridge"

Just my humble suggestion: how about "bridge"

Bigcrustyape is offline I'm new here!

What about...

'Seeing double'

Shooting things in pairs. I came out of the supermarket earlier and saw two little dogs waiting patiently for their owner to return and as I walked out their two little head simulateously did a 180 degree turn and looked at me expectantly. I thought it would have made a cute shot and then thought... hmmmm... that could be a good DPS assignment topic.
    nathan pask photography
    website flickr

Norm228 is offline I'm new here!

Red face

how about Hurt?
    ------------------
    Norm Cullerton
    Sony DSC F828
    "The Berkshires, America's Premier Cultural Resort"

Page 10 of 78 First ... 891011122060 ... Last