Close
Close
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Nicole is offline Dr. Super Moderator

You can find the exif data for the file either in an exif viewer or on Flickr. Just google exif viewer and that should get you some results. Opanda (Win) or ExifViewer (Mac) are two options.
    Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
    Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
    My Flickr

pegasus is offline dPS Forum Member

Another question please. When we upload to Flickr, where is the EXIF data found? I really should post so early in the a.m., lol! What I mean to say is, when in flickr I selected a photo and found the date and location of the photo but not the rest of the info and was wondering how to find it in flickr.

Thanks!
    Last edited by pegasus; 01-14-2008 at 05:12 PM.
    LocoMotion Photog - Sites: Blog flickr

Nicole is offline Dr. Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Another question please. When we upload to Flickr, where is the EXIF data found?

Thanks!
    On the right hand side of the photo's page on Flickr, there should be a link to "More Properties" (provided the information is on your photo in the first place ) As a side note, you may want to ensure that displaying the exif information isn't hidden on your Flickr account page. Using Flickr you have the option to hide the exif. You can make sure that it's on by going to your account page, then going to the "Privacy & Permissions" tab and making sure that where it says "Hide your photo's EXIF data" it says No
    Nikon D600 | D90 | Sony NEX-3
    Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikkor 70-300 | Lensbaby 2.0 | Nikkor 85 f/1.8D | Nikkor 105 f/2.8 VR | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Nikkor 10.5 f/2.8 Fisheye | Sony 16 f/2.8 | Sony 18-55 | 2xSB600 | Orbis Ring Flash Adapter
    My Flickr

Sergio is offline dPS Forum Member

This is kinda related, but are we allowed to edit our photos for the assignments? Photoshop always keeps the exif data intact even if you edit them. I'm talking about more than just cropping and sharpening. I usually change the colors a lot and I add some lens vignetting.

Candomagic4u is offline I like your kung fu

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Most important is the date taken (so we know if it's eligible for the contest), and then ISO, Aperture, Shutter speed are the generally important ones.
    Another tip, make sure you camera has the correct date. My uploads/pics that I took 3
    days ago, including the Coffee assignment say I took shots back in April. I just updated
    the date and time this morning after realizing on Flikr on what it said.

Also, on my camera, the original image will have the exif data available...

Good Stuff...

budse is offline I'm new here!

Cool

can we do editing on the assignment photo?
    or we only able to post the original one?

and how do I get the EXIF data if I took the photo using iphone?
    Last edited by budse; 11-14-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Michelleltn is offline Snappin and scrappin!

Cool thanks for the info. I have been writing the Exif data out in each post. So I can just link to the flicker photo and then then the judges can look up the info? Or do we just need to copy and paste the info?

I have been using the BB code, (For Bulletin Boards.) But the HTML code is better?
    Last edited by Michelleltn; 12-27-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Feeback welcome, tips appreciated.
    Canon Powershot sx100IS, Canon EOS T2i 18-55mm IS, 55-200mm IS
    Software-picasa, canon zoomex browser, dpp, picnic, and photobucket.
    My Blog
    My Flicker

StaffsStormSpotter is offline I'm new here!

Default Showing more EXIF data

Hi complete newb here so go gentle with me
    I have uploaded a photo to Flickr but it is only showing the date and camera type...how can I get the shutter/apature/ISO info showing as well. I have checked with Opanda and its all there on the image.

Thanks in advance

Chris

lputman is offline Super Moderator

Click "Actions" and then "View Exif Info". If this is where you are going and you are not seeing it, then you are uploading your photos without it.
    Lori Putman flickr
    ~No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
    7D | 300L f/4 IS | 70-200L f/2.8 IS II | 135L | 35L | 100/2.0 | 50/1.4
    430 EX, 580 EX II Speedlites

ferdigold is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xxpinballxx View Post
    I know this may be common sense for alot of us but there are often images up for the assignments and have no EXIF data.
    I thought I'd share a quick tip for retaining it and its as simple as any tip out there.
    When you download your image and do any type of post work in an editing program alot of the time you will wind up stripping the EXIF out of the file when you save it. The way to do it and retain it is to be sure to always slick Save as.... instead of just the save option.
    This may not work for all apps but it does for most so some of you that have not been considered due to no data you might want to check and see how you are saving the file.
    Hope it helps some of you out......
    When I look for Exif its shows me a number,I thought thats was like the gprs or something,like wher i recived this Camera.etc...

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last