Close
Close
    PaulVI is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Hot Air Balloons: composition suggestions?

Hot air balloon meet coming up...

What are the "standard"/"must-get" shots?

Also, I'll have my kid with me and there will be an opportunity for a tethered ride.

My best lens is a Canon 50mm f/1.4. Otherwise, I have a Sigma 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 and may be able to borrow my dad's Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L. What's the best choice for this event and where should I set myself up for good handheld shots?

Thanks in advance!

Hill Country Hack is offline dPS +1000 Club

If it were me, I'd take a lens that gives me multiple focal points. You can get that with the prime lens if you are willing to use your feet.

As for the type of shots, I think that is a personal decision. We have all seen that standard shots, try to get an interesting variant. Most of all have fun with it and try to include your child. Think about a forced prosective type shot. It may be a bit cliche', but I'm sure your kid will get a kick out of it.

RichardTaylor is offline dPS +1000 Club

You may find this DPS thread of interest.

Ballooning Festival in NJ 2011

PaulVI is offline dPS Forum Member

RichardTaylor: Perfect! Hmm... a *search* -- good trick. I'll try to remember that!

Hill Country Hack: I don't mind cliché, as long as my kid is in it! It's more like, "I'd like that picture --- with my kid in it." I'll try to keep an eye out for the atypical shot as well.

Thanks to you both!