Close
Close

View Poll Results: When they say "fireproof" they mean it will withstand...

Voters
1096. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being popped into a toaster and grilled, with cheese!

16 1.46%
  • 1550 F for hour which is rather hot, I must say!

846 77.19%
  • 880 C for 7 minutes!

76 6.93%
  • What's the surface temperature of the sun?

11 1.00%
  • 1400 F for 20 minutes, then add bacon and chives

98 8.94%
  • Did you know that it's waterproof, too?

49 4.47%
Page 3 of 61 First 123451353 ... Last
    Jamfke is offline dPS Forum Member

Drop the drive into the pool in Michael Phelps' lane and tell him it's a bong. He'll try his darnedest to light it up once he thinks he's out of camera range...
    Last edited by Jamfke; 10-06-2009 at 01:54 AM.
    Big Jim
    flickr
    candleman said "i could be wrong. i have made a mistake this year so its entirely possible."
    Digital: Pentax K-X; Kodak Easyshare Z812 IS / Film: Pentax ME

bruincub is offline I'm new here!

I would call the Mythbusters and tell them that legend says that the ioDrive is virtually indestructible by fire or water. They will proceed to attach it to the end of a JATO rocket propelled car. Once that fails, they'll then place it under a Christmas tree overloaded with lights, set it on fire, and then have the fire department put it out. Finally, they'll place it on a replica of an ancient Greek ship, set it afloat in the San Francisco Bay, and shoot flaming arrows at it until it burns up and sinks to the bottom. If that doesn't do it in, then they'll resort to blowing it up with TNT (like they always do).

Andrew Maiman is offline I'm new here!

We'd want to know whether it can handle both at the same time. Setting the bathtub on fire should do the trick.

Disclaimer: Insure the rest of your bathroom is also fire/water proof before attempting.

Shayde is offline I'm new here!

Wink Fireproof/Waterproof testing

If I had the chance to fire and waterproof this device, I would let it stay in the kitchen with my mother as she attempts to cook her chili con carne again. Each time she does, we actually call the fire department THE DAY BEFORE so they are ready to douse her flames.

and people wonder why I eat out a lot.

blizzard_rw is offline I'm new here!

Two words...Mermaid Party!

Gservo is offline dPS Forum Member

a great place to put my Coffee oooh ahhhh

firelitefoto is offline I'm new here!

The best way to test this:
    Bolt-down the ioSafe Solo or cable lock for greater security and theft resistance - What to bolt it down to you say? Well I'd bolt it down to a monster truck with no keys in it and a locking mechanism on the steering wheel... that beast ain't going no where. Then: Fireproof to 1550 F for hour - Well you would douse the monster truck in gasoline, diesel fuel, and some nuclear wastes just for good measure. Then of course you'd light it on fire. Then : Patented Air Flow Cooling ensures hard drive reliability during normal day to day use - How does this come in handy... well duh! while it's on fire all that patented Air Flow Cooling will ensure that though the flames are burning approx. 1500 F it will stay nice and cool... Once that flame has burned for exactly 28 minutes and 35 seconds begin the cool down process.: Waterproof to 10 feet of fresh water or salt water for 3 full days - Hoist the monster truck (with the flames still burning and the drive attached via safety cable) into a solid bullet proof glass chamber fill with will fresh and salt water. Be sure to fully submerge the monster truck but measure precisely the depth that the drive is at. Be VERY SURE the drive is no deeper than 9ft 11.5 inches. Let the monster truck and drive sit in solution for 71 hours and 58 Seconds. Then remove from solution. After drive is removed from solution comes the USB 2.0 Interface Plug and Play for any PC, laptop or Mac computer portion. Take one USB 2.0 cable and plug it directly into the drive and then the other end in to a WinDOZE computer (of course you want to use WinDoze as that will be the greatest test to the capability of this drive to "plug and play" as WinDoze is such an unreliable operating system this will give best results to this drives "stamina")

Now... if all of this proves unsuccessful you will have of course purchased the: 3 Year Warranty & $1,000 Data Recovery Service Upgrade to 5 Year, up to $5,000 per disk... so this test will not in the end really matter as you will have this protection and you're all set!

I'd say that's probably the best way to test this device.

Now a side note... to my credit, the poll was posted at the top of this thread (before the portion underneath that send to go to the web site and check the real fireproof ability of this drive) I thought it was a funny question poll... not a serious one... so I did not answer the poll correctly, as I was just having a little fun....

3 Year Warranty & $1,000 Data Recovery Service
    Upgrade to 5 Year, up to $5,000 per disk
    Last edited by firelitefoto; 09-24-2009 at 07:30 PM.

colonial_clive is offline I'm new here!

Talking Kitchen mate

Give it to my wife she can burn anything, then the fire service will be called to put it out.

Hearny is offline I'm new here!

Being in the fire service GB i could do with somethig that withstands a little heat.Something to withstand a FLASH over! get it
    Last edited by Hearny; 09-25-2009 at 08:51 AM.

hrscrapper is offline I'm new here!

If your mom's chili is as good and hot as my mom's chili, maybe the drive should be tested in the bathroom a few hours after you eat the chili. Then, the fire department can dose out those flames!

Page 3 of 61 First 123451353 ... Last