Close
Close
    Sime is offline Must. Get. Coffee. Quick.

Default SevenFund.Org - Photo Comp

**I've not read the T's&C's - make sure YOU do**

=> From Support

"Hello,

The SEVEN Fund is pleased to announce the ‘I Am an Entrepreneur’ photography competition. This competition recognizes the outstanding use of photography to tell compelling stories of role model entrepreneurs from around the world. Anyone globally is welcome to participate in this competition. Each quarter, ‘I am an Entrepreneur’ features a new theme to inspire photographers and document a different aspect of the entrepreneurial experience. The theme for April-June 2011 is entrepreneurship and education.

During 2011, the competition will award four (4) prizes, one every three months, over a period of one year. One finalist will be selected every three months, with a winning photograph for the quarter’s theme, and will receive a prize of $250. The grand prize winner (selected from among the 4 finalist photographs) will receive $1,000 at the end of the competition.

We very much appreciate your help with sharing this competition with your community. Please follow the link for further details about the competition: 2011 I Am an Entrepreneur Photography Contest | SEVEN Fund.org. "

--Simon

DreamTimeProd is offline I'm new here!

Default What does this mean?

I read this and still don't get it. Its from the site for the contest you mentioned . I would like to enter this one but Im not understanding it. Do I lose rights to my photo? I'm new to contests . So can anyone help me? Thanks

Pursuant to the copyright and trademark laws of the United States:

1. Seven hereby grants a limited license to users of the Site to reproduce, download, and distribute Content to the extent that such activities are in furtherance of promoting enterprise-based solutions to poverty, are for educational purposes or are for personal and noncommercial use. Seven retains all other rights it may have in and to the Content, and in the event such reproduction and distribution of the Content is contrary to the above purposes, Seven reserves the right to terminate such limited license at any time with regard to all or any part or any use of the Content.

2. You agree to maintain any and all copyright or other proprietary notices attached to any Content.

3. By uploading material, posting comments, participating in any competition, or providing other content in any form or media to the Site or to Seven ("User Content"), you grant Seven a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to display, distribute, reproduce, sublicense, and create derivatives of the User Content, in whole or in part, without further review or participation from you.

4. Notice of claimed copyright infringement on the Site should be sent to us at Social Equity Venture Fund, Inc., 1770 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140.

RELum is offline New to photography. Again

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTimeProd View Post
    Pursuant to the copyright and trademark laws of the United States:

1. Seven hereby grants a limited license to users of the Site to reproduce, download, and distribute Content to the extent that such activities are in furtherance of promoting enterprise-based solutions to poverty, are for educational purposes or are for personal and noncommercial use. Seven retains all other rights it may have in and to the Content, and in the event such reproduction and distribution of the Content is contrary to the above purposes, Seven reserves the right to terminate such limited license at any time with regard to all or any part or any use of the Content.

2. You agree to maintain any and all copyright or other proprietary notices attached to any Content.

3. By uploading material, posting comments, participating in any competition, or providing other content in any form or media to the Site or to Seven ("User Content"), you grant Seven a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to display, distribute, reproduce, sublicense, and create derivatives of the User Content, in whole or in part, without further review or participation from you.
    #2 definitely seems to contradict 1 & 3. It also seems like a very strange statement to make. That being said, I would assume in ANY contest that you are at the very least giving the people running it a limited use license. They would want to display your entries and use them for promotional material. I would have a problem with the part of #3 that states "distribute, reproduce, sublicense, and create derivatives of the User Content, in whole or in part, without further review or participation from you." and #1 in general. I haven't done very many contests over the years, so maybe this is normal. Still, it would bother me.
    Last edited by RELum; 07-06-2011 at 04:27 PM.