Close
Close
    BMC927 is offline I'm new here!

Question Best Point and Shoot with View Finder vs. Upgrade

Does Canon make a point and shoot camera that has a viewfinder, little shutter lage, and takes decent pictures? Looking for something that is not too complicated if I need to upgrade to DSLR.

OsmosisStudios is offline Don't Panic

The G12/G1x both have viewfinders, but they're not like the one in a dSLR. The SX40hs has one, but it's electronic. They'll all have some shutter lag.
    I am responsible for what I say; not what you understand.
    adammontpetit.com
    Gear List
    500PX | Graphic Design

Preeb is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BMC927 View Post
    Does Canon make a point and shoot camera that has a viewfinder, little shutter lage, and takes decent pictures? Looking for something that is not too complicated if I need to upgrade to DSLR.
    There is going to be shutter lag in just about any P&S. They simply aren't designed to do the work of a DSLR. They are aimed at the average person who just wants family and vacation photo albums, not at serious wildlife, landscape, portrait, and sports photographers. You can upgrade to most any entry level DSLR (Canon T2i, T3i) with the 18-55 kit lens and set it on the green box and you have a DSLR P&S (minus the shutter lag), but it also gives you the opportunity to progress beyond that point, and most who start that route do. The T2i with EF-S18-135 lens is $839 now at B&H Photo, the same body with the EF-S 18-55 lens is just $649, and either one will give you much more satisfying results than most any P&S.
    Last edited by Preeb; 02-27-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    Rick

Canon 60D; EF-S 10-22 f3.5-f4.5 USM; EF-S 17-55 f2.8 USM; EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro; EF100mm f2.8 L IS Macro USM; EF 70-200 f4 L IS USM + 1.4x II TC --- Soon to have: Fuji Finepix XP 200 Waterproof

RichardTaylor is online now dPS +1000 Club

I own a G11 and do not think the viefinder is all that great - emergency use only.