Gunsotsu is offline dPS Forum Member

Default Saturn V drive-by

Saturn V

Pentax *istDL
    Sigma 70-300mm lens at 70mm
    f/4
    1/125 sec
    +1.5EV

I shot this on a whim returning home from a hockey game (yes, hockey in Alabama). In retrospect I don't think there's much else I could've done, this was taken from my wife's car at 70mph after all. Just a little post in Photoshop to bring out the highlights.

TNBDM is offline I'm new here!

Very nice shot. I love the colors in the sky behind the rocket. About the only thing I'd change is the crop. Maybe chop off the light post and the road sign on the right as well as a little bit of the dark part of the sky at the top (to keep things even)? That way you'd get rid of the distracting pole and shift the rocket from the center of the frame to the right third at the same time.

The only other suggestion I'd make is finding a way to Photoshop out the other light post that's sticking up above the trees to the left of the rocket. I have no idea how you'd go about doing that, but I'm sure someone else does, and it'd eliminate the other main distracting element from the shot.

Just one very inexperienced opinion for you. I hope it helps. Beautiful capture, especially considering the circumstances!
    Tennessee, USA
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi
    Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (kit lens) | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8
    Flickr

'preciate that. Should have mentioned that this was the original, un-cropped image. I've actually been fooling in Photoshop with the things you've mentioned, I just wanted to post the un-altered image to get some feedback.

Amigone201 is offline dPS Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNBDM View Post
    The only other suggestion I'd make is finding a way to Photoshop out the other light post that's sticking up above the trees to the left of the rocket. I have no idea how you'd go about doing that, but I'm sure someone else does, and it'd eliminate the other main distracting element from the shot.
    That's easy enough to do; just select the clone tool and alt-click to capture the clouds close around the lightpost. Then stamp over it.

Played with the crop to make it more suitable for framing and 'shopped it a bit.

Saturn V cropped

proverbio is offline I'm new here!

Nicely done! The cropping has created a far better image.