07-29-2009, 04:31 PM #1
Assignment: "Trucks" July 22 - August 5
This week the theme is dead easy, or is it! - The theme is "Trucks" and, as I don't have a photo of a truck of almost any kind I went for a search through some of the brilliant stuff listed using creative commons on flickr and found this shot below by haglundc of derelict truck
Make sure you put some thought into this assignment, it's about making you push the boundaries of your photography - not just getting you to wander out of your house, point your camera at a truck and think "that will be good enough" Think about your composition and your lighting, what will make a snappy snap of your truck into a good photo?
Camera: Nikon D300 Exposure: 0.011 sec
Aperture: f/4.8 Focal Length: 10 mm
As always, the rules...Please note the change in closing time.
Just a note to new posters: DO NOT start a new thread for your post. Please just hit the reply button at the bottom of any current post and put your image there.
1. Your original image you submit should be taken between the 22nd of July and the 5th of August. Each week as an assignment closes on the Wednesday, it will be AUTOMATICALLY deemed *CLOSED* after 8am GMT ( 3am EST) and any posts after that time will not be eligible for the assignment competition. Don't wait until the last minute to post!
2. Your post must include "Assignment: Trucks" (to show your permission to count it for the contest) and the date the picture was taken (to show that it is a valid entry).
3. EXIF data should be intact. It helps if you can include the main points (including camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) in the text of your message.
4. Only one entry per member (if you can't restrain yourself until the end of the first week you can post two or three separate pictures but your entry should be in a separate post and the only marked with the text above). It must be an original image taken by you.
5. Remember the cross-site image size limit (800px on the longest side).
6. If the image does not exist in post at the end of the contest, it is disqualified. If you modify anything on flickr and re-save the image then the link is broken and the message needs edited to link the picture again before it will be included in the contest.
For everyone, please do not repeat other people's photos by quoting them until the contest is over. If you want to comment on or discuss an entry you can use a link to it (or just delete the picture from the quoted text).
7. If you are looking for the winners of the mini-contest, please check the front page of the DPS blog Saturday late afternoon (EST) and here.
Next week: I want to try the theme "Album Cover" this is open to interpretation, What inspired me was that as I was typing up this assignment I realised that it finished in August, and one of my favorite Counting Crows albums is called "August and everything after" - Show me your "Album Cover" photos - remember, you should have space for your album name, so make sure you think before you shoot!
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM #2dPS Forum Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- UK. North-West
Plenty of trucks at my work although I won't be able to find time to photograph themNikon D40, Nikon 18-55, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70 - 210.
Feel free to visit my flickr
07-29-2009, 05:04 PM #3
Nikon-D7000; Nikon D-5000; Coolpix S8000; NIkkor 28-80mm & 70-300mm; Nikkor 12-24mm Wide Angle; Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 Macro, Nikon , Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 & 55-200mm, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 & 35mm f/1.8
07-29-2009, 06:37 PM #4
07-29-2009, 08:04 PM #5I'm new here!
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
- Darwen, Lancashire
Last edited by clairebear150980; 07-29-2009 at 08:07 PM.
07-29-2009, 08:34 PM #6
First thing that came to mind was the trucks on my skateboard, these ones are really old and worn
Leant the baord against a gloss finished door and held a piece of paper over the flash to soften the light.
Model : PENTAX K100D
ExposureTime : 1/125Sec
FNumber : F3.5
ExposureProgram : Manual
ISOSpeedRatings : 400
DateTimeOriginal : 2009:07:29 21:18:44
DateTimeDigitized : 2009:07:29 21:18:44
ApertureValue : F3.5
MeteringMode : CenterWeightedAverage
Flash : Fired
FocalLength : 18.00(mm)
FocalLength(35mm) : 27(mm)
Last edited by jacobthellamer; 07-30-2009 at 10:10 AM.Pentax K100D - Dreams of primes and K7's
smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL
smc PENTAX-A 35-80mm F4-5.6
smc PENTAX-F 100-300mm F4.5-5.6
07-29-2009, 10:41 PM #7I'm new here!
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
1/50 at 4.5 at 66mm
Captured 7/25/09 at 7:56 MST
Last edited by Rudylopez; 07-29-2009 at 10:48 PM.
07-29-2009, 10:55 PM #8
The sun was low in the sky and the taillights of this truck were reflecting brightly in response. Meanwhile the rest of the truck was reflecting the neighborhood, distortedly.
Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/400)
Focal Length: 55 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire
Exposure Program: Manual
Date and Time (Original): 2009:07:25 16:50:23
Last edited by freezeframe03; 08-02-2009 at 06:30 AM.
07-29-2009, 11:13 PM #9
Not for assignemnt
I like this one of my little rescue truck being used as an anchor-point when we last went caving. Just a shame it's way outside the timeframe.
From Digital Assignments
Oct 5, 2008
1600×1200 pixels – 411KB
Filename: Wee Jasper 002.JPG
Model: COOLPIX S200
Exposure: 1/142 sec
Focal Length: 6.3mm
Flash Used: No
Last edited by bad_manners; 07-29-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Spelling d'oh!Sean
"Now available in sober! For a limited time only!"
Flickr - Picasa
My toys are a Nikon COOLPIX P80 and my pocket rocket is a Nikon COOLPIX S200
07-30-2009, 12:50 AM #10I'm new here!
- Join Date
- Jul 2009