This week's assignment is "Bubbles", a fun frothy assignment to take us through the change of seasons. It's definitely a more wide open subject than you might think. Consider using them for or in portraits, reflections, and macros.
Here is an example from Seltzer:
As always, don't forget the rules:
1. The image you submit should be taken between the 1 October (when it was announced) and 15 October (until one of the moderators closes the the mini-contest).
2. Your post must include "Assignment: Bubbles" (to show your permission to count it for the contest) and the date the picture was taken (to show that it is a valid entry).
3. EXIF data should be intact. It helps if you can include the main points (including camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) in the text of your message.
4. Only one entry per member (if you can't restrain yourself until the end of the first week you can post two or three separate pictures but your entry should be in a separate post and the only marked with the text above).
5. Remember the cross-site image size limit (640px on the longest side).
6. If the image does not exist in post at the end of the contest, it is disqualified. If you modify anything on flickr and re-save the image then the link is broken and the message needs edited to link the picture again before it will be included in the contest.
For everyone, please do not repeat other people's photos by quoting them until the contest is over. If you want to comment on or discuss an entry you can use a link to it (or just delete the picture from the quoted text).
Next week's assignment is "Leaves". There should be some beautiful and colorful changes in the trees in the northern hemisphere and some lovely new spring growth for our members in the southern hemisphere. Hopefully you can get out and enjoy the change of the seasons!