Assignment | The eyes have it
Exposure: 0.067 sec (1/15) Aperture: f/2.8 Focal Length: 100 mm ISO Speed: 100 Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV Flash: Flash did not catch on fire
The eyes, the window to the soul? The tell tale sign when we've done something wrong? The eyes are so many things, and, in a portrait, I find are key to either setting it off or making it work or not - that's just me though, what about you? what are eyes to you?
Here are the rules:
1. The image you submit should be taken between the August 13th (when it was announced) and August 27th (up until one of the moderators closes the the mini-contest).
2. EXIF data needs to be intact. It helps if you can include the main points (including camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) in the text of your message.
3. Your post must include "Assignment:The eyes have it" to show your permission to count it for the contest.
4. Only one entry per member (if you can't restrain yourself until the end of the first week you can post two or three separate pictures but your entry should be in a separate post and the only marked with the text above).
5. Remember the cross-site image size limit (640px on the longest side).
6. If the image does not exist in post at the end of the contest, it is disqualified. If you modify anything on flickr and re-save the image then the link is broken and the message needs edited to link the picture again before it will be included in the contest.
For everyone, please do not repeat other people's photos by quoting them until the contest is over. If you want to comment on or discuss an entry you can use a link to it (or just delete the picture from the quoted text).
*** Next week's assignment is "Product Photography". You've just been hired by *insert name of local huge department store here* to shoot an object that you would find on their shelves - how will you shoot it? how will you light it? how!...We'll find out in the next assignment***