Thread: The eyes have it (Aug 13 - 27)
08-20-2008, 09:23 AM #1
The eyes have it (Aug 13 - 27)
Assignment | The eyes have it
Exposure: 0.067 sec (1/15) Aperture: f/2.8 Focal Length: 100 mm ISO Speed: 100 Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV Flash: Flash did not catch on fire
The eyes, the window to the soul? The tell tale sign when we've done something wrong? The eyes are so many things, and, in a portrait, I find are key to either setting it off or making it work or not - that's just me though, what about you? what are eyes to you?
Here are the rules:
1. The image you submit should be taken between the August 13th (when it was announced) and August 27th (up until one of the moderators closes the the mini-contest).
2. EXIF data needs to be intact. It helps if you can include the main points (including camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) in the text of your message.
3. Your post must include "Assignment:The eyes have it" to show your permission to count it for the contest.
4. Only one entry per member (if you can't restrain yourself until the end of the first week you can post two or three separate pictures but your entry should be in a separate post and the only marked with the text above).
5. Remember the cross-site image size limit (640px on the longest side).
6. If the image does not exist in post at the end of the contest, it is disqualified. If you modify anything on flickr and re-save the image then the link is broken and the message needs edited to link the picture again before it will be included in the contest.
For everyone, please do not repeat other people's photos by quoting them until the contest is over. If you want to comment on or discuss an entry you can use a link to it (or just delete the picture from the quoted text).
*** Next week's assignment is "Product Photography". You've just been hired by *insert name of local huge department store here* to shoot an object that you would find on their shelves - how will you shoot it? how will you light it? how!...We'll find out in the next assignment***
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM #2
08-20-2008, 11:33 AM #3
ShepArt... fab shot!Camera: Nikon D200.
Lenses: Sigma 18-50mm F/3.5-5.6 DC / Nikon 50mm f1.8 D AF /sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro / Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED VR/ Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM/ Kenko DG Teleplus Extension Tube Set ( 12 mm, 20 mm, and 36 mm )
08-20-2008, 12:09 PM #4
Weekly Assignment: "The Eyes have it"D.J. Murphy
Canon EOS 40D w/Canon EF 28mm X 135mm and Samsung Digimax S/500
THE CAMERA NEVER LIES, THAT'S THE PHOTOGRAPHERS JOB
08-20-2008, 12:30 PM #5
Sime - I just noticed your "title" -- yeah, baby! LOL!Debbie
Canon Powershot A650IS (Bridge Camera)
Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
OK to edit and repost only on DPS forums.
If you're bored: My flickr
08-20-2008, 12:35 PM #6
Assignment: The Eyes Have It
My daughter's beautiful blue eyes... hard to catch as she just turned one and is so extremely busy. Obvious post production, original can be seen on my flickr page
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3134/...7a3a160d84.jpg), but the important exif information is below.
Camera: Kodak Z650 Zoom
Exposure: 0.01 sec (1/100)
Focal Length: 21.2 mm
ISO Speed: 80
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash fired, auto mode
Orientation: Horizontal (normal)
X-Resolution: 230 dpi
Y-Resolution: 230 dpi
YCbCr Positioning: Centered
Exposure Program: Normal
Date and Time (Original): 2008:08:15 18:34:10
Last edited by smurray; 08-20-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Adding EXIFKodak Easy Share Z650, point & shoot...
"A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything -- or destroy it!" ~ James 3:5
08-20-2008, 01:21 PM #7
Assignment: The Eyes Have It
1/640 | f/2.5 | 85 mm | ISO 100 | no flash
my friend's baby boy named duke. still can't fathom how innocent we look when we are younger. rest of the set here.
08-20-2008, 01:40 PM #8
08-20-2008, 03:26 PM #9
08-20-2008, 03:52 PM #10
Assignment: The Eyes Have Itflickr
Kodak Easyshare M753
Canon Powershot A630