This week's assignment is X-tych (diptych, triptych or anything up to 7 pictures formed into a single image with multiple panels). That means a multifaceted image like this one from Nicole:
Think about the individual images and the overall story created by how they relate together. Here are some links that will give you helpful information:
How To Make A Diptych (The Awful Diptych Creator)
Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker
DipStych Requires .NET
Here are the rules:
1. The image you submit should be taken between the July 23 (when it was announced) and August 6 (up until one of the moderators closes the the mini-contest).
2. EXIF data needs to be intact. It helps if you can include the main points (including camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) in the text of your message.
3. Your post must include "Assignment: X-tych" to show your permission to count it for the contest.
4. Only one entry per member (if you can't restrain yourself until the end of the first week you can post two or three separate pictures but your entry should be in a separate post and the only marked with the text above).
5. Remember the cross-site image size limit (640px on the longest side).
For everyone, please do not repeat other people's photos by quoting them until the contest is over. If you want to comment on or discuss an entry you can use a link to it (or just delete the picture from the quoted text).
The contest for the following week will be "Auto-mode" - can you create an excellent photo using the auto setting on your camera and without any post-processing?