Thread: Sunny Days
07-09-2008, 04:44 PM #1
Sunny Days - show things that can be done on a nice sunny day out. Play with bright natural light. Or, if the weather doesn't co-operate, get creative, for example showing what you would like to be doing if the weather was better. Here is an example from Selzter:
Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Focal Length: 75mm
ISO Speed: 200
A review of the rules might be helpful:
1. The image you submit should be taken between July 2 (when the theme was announced) and July 16 (up until one of the moderators closes the the mini-contest). Don't leave it until Wednesday afternoon if you want to be sure of beating the deadline!
2. EXIF data needs to be intact. It helps if you can include the main points (including camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) in the text of your message. See example above.
3. Your post must include "Assignment: Sunny Days" as the title or clearly in the text to show your permission to count it for the contest.
4. Only one entry per member (if you can't restrain yourself until the end of the first week you can post two or three separate pictures but your entry should be in a separate post and the only one marked with the text above).
For everyone, please do not repeat other people's photos by quoting them until the contest is over. If you want to comment on or discuss an entry you can use a link to it (or just delete the picture from the quoted text).
Next week will be "Food Photography" - think of something to make the mouth water!
07-09-2008, 04:47 PM #2
Assignment: sunny days
Exif: Camera: Nikon D200
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/350)
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Last edited by lisa; 07-10-2008 at 05:50 AM.Camera: Nikon D200.
Lenses: Sigma 18-50mm F/3.5-5.6 DC / Nikon 50mm f1.8 D AF /sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro / Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED VR/ Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM/ Kenko DG Teleplus Extension Tube Set ( 12 mm, 20 mm, and 36 mm )
07-09-2008, 05:56 PM #3
Assignment: Sunny DaysOK to repost my pictures on DPS, if credit is given to me.
Sunday is awesome! However, Monday is not...
Canon Rebel XTi/400D | Canon 18-55/3.5-5.6| Canon 75-300/4-5.6 |
Canon 50/1.8 | Canon Speedlite 430EX
07-09-2008, 07:00 PM #4I'm new here!
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
I guess you're a Pepsi drinker? Can't stand Coke? Me too.
07-09-2008, 07:04 PM #5
Sure wish this topic popped up a few weeks ago...
Took this & many others at the Chickamauga Battle Field.
Needless to say it was gorgeous out... a bit hot though.
"I don't like racing, I don't even like motorcycles. I just like beating people, and this is the best way that I can do that."
- Carl Fogarty 4x WSBK Champ
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM #6
07-09-2008, 09:54 PM #7
Assignment: Sunny Day
Sunny Day after the Fourth of July. Local swimming pool having a swimming meet.
The kids in front are in the "warm up" pool. The adults with their backs to the camera are people timing the "heats" in the big pool.
Camera Sony DSLR-A100
Exposure 0.004 sec (1/250)
Focal Length 50mm
ISO Speed 100
Exposure Bias 0/10 EV
Full exif on FlickrCheers,
Sony Alpha 100, Maxxum AF Power Zoom 35-80mm, Maxxum AF Zoom xi 80-200mm
07-09-2008, 09:58 PM #8
The subject is fine though - I suspect we'll see a number of variations through the next week (I know that light through leaves is a favourite subject of mine).
You can either edit your post above to correct it or, if you come up with a new shot, post that instead.
07-09-2008, 10:05 PM #9I'm new here!
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
07-09-2008, 10:27 PM #10
Assignment: Sunny Days
I was out one sunny day and minding my own business when I almost fell off the face of the earth. Luckily I did manage to get back on track, but I still can't use my right shoulder
Camera: Sony DSLR-A200
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Focal Length: 26 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV
Flash: Flash fired