This week: Quiet. The rush to the holiday season is on with jammed stores, busy traffic, and crowds of people. Take a little time for yourself to forget the mad rush and photograph something that conveys a little peace and quiet. We all need a little bit of it.
As always, rules:
Just a note to new posters: DO NOT start a new thread for your post. Please just hit the reply button at the bottom of any current post and put your image there.
1. Your original image you submit should be taken on or between the 21st of November to the 5th of December, 2012. Each week as an assignment closes on the Wednesday, it will be AUTOMATICALLY deemed *CLOSED* after 8am GMT (3AM EST) and any posts after that time will not be eligible for the assignment competition. Don't wait until the last minute to post!
2. Your post must include "Quiet" as the title or in the text (to show your permission to count it for the contest) and the date the picture was taken (to show that it is a valid entry).
3. EXIF data should be intact. It helps if you can include the main points (including camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) in the text of your message.
4. Only one entry per member (if you can't restrain yourself until the end of the first week you can post two or three separate pictures but your entry should be in a separate post and the only marked with the text above). It must be an original image taken by you.
5. Remember the cross-site image size limit (740px on the longest side).
6. If the image does not exist in post at the end of the contest, it is disqualified. If you modify anything on flickr and re-save the image then the link is broken and the message needs edited to link the picture again before it will be included in the contest.
For everyone, please do not repeat other people's photos by quoting them until the contest is over. If you want to comment on or discuss an entry you can use a link to it (or just delete the picture from the quoted text).
7. If you are looking for the winners of the mini-contest, please check the Assignment section the weekend after the contest closes. There should be a thread announcing the contest winners.
8. For help with posting images, check the FAQ at the top of this page and click on "Posting Images". It will give you a detailed explanation.
Next week: The holiday season is fast approaching, so let's get into the spirit of the season by choosing a holiday song or carol and illustrating it in this week's assignment, "Holiday Songs".
Whether you celebrate Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, or have no religious connections but enjoy the season, pick a fave and get us all humming