This week: "Color: Yellow". To ease us into a new year and a fresh start with photography, let's do a month of color. Here in the northern hemisphere many of us are faced with a few too many gray, cold days and a bit of color is a welcome respite. Those of you closer to the equator or starting your summer months might be able to find color everywhere you look. Either way, let the main subject of your image this week be the color yellow.
As always, rules:
Just a note to new posters: DO NOT start a new thread for your post. Please just hit the reply button at the bottom of any current post and put your image there.
1. Your original image you submit should be taken on or between the 28th of December 2011 to the 11th of January, 2012. Each week as an assignment closes on the Wednesday, it will be AUTOMATICALLY deemed *CLOSED* after 8am GMT (3AM EST) and any posts after that time will not be eligible for the assignment competition. Don't wait until the last minute to post!
2. Your post must include "Color: Yellow" as the title or in the text (to show your permission to count it for the contest) and the date the picture was taken (to show that it is a valid entry).
3. EXIF data should be intact. It helps if you can include the main points (including camera, lens, date taken, ISO, shutter speed and aperture) in the text of your message.
4. Only one entry per member (if you can't restrain yourself until the end of the first week you can post two or three separate pictures but your entry should be in a separate post and the only marked with the text above). It must be an original image taken by you.
5. Remember the cross-site image size limit (740px on the longest side).
6. If the image does not exist in post at the end of the contest, it is disqualified. If you modify anything on flickr and re-save the image then the link is broken and the message needs edited to link the picture again before it will be included in the contest.
For everyone, please do not repeat other people's photos by quoting them until the contest is over. If you want to comment on or discuss an entry you can use a link to it (or just delete the picture from the quoted text).
7. If you are looking for the winners of the mini-contest, please check the front page of the DPS blog the following week (EST) or here.
Next week: "Color: Blue". I'd love to see some azure skies so I don't feel so blue and the outside temperature is making me blue with cold...well, you get the picture. Your image this week needs to highlight the color blue.