- Guaranteed for 2 full months
- Pay by PayPal or Credit Card
- Instant Digital Download
Over the next month Digital Photography School is running it’s first ever photography competition where DPS members are invited to submit their best portrait image.
Entries close on 31 October.
We have three great prizes with a total prize value of close to $1000.
First prize is a choice of either a Nikon D60 or a Canon XSi (pictured above). Both of these DSLRs get great reviews and are the ideal way to step into the world of DSLR. If you’ve already got a DSLR they’d make a great second body or a gift to that special person in your life!
Second prize is a Canon Powershot SD850 IS. This very popular point and shoot camera is small and produces great results. It’d make a great back up camera if you don’t want to haul your DSLR with you or even a primary camera if you’re in need of an update.
Third Prize is a Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home camera bag (pictured right).
This bag is ideal if you need a shoulder bag that provides a protective environment for your camera equipment, especially if you need one that doesn’t scream photo bag.
Part of the Million Dollar Home Range of camera bags, the 5 Million Dollar Home has a padded interior with configurable dividers and sturdy base layer. Equipped with an adjustable removable strap and water resistant shell means this bag is the perfect travel companion for your photo gear.
1. There is one entry per person
2. Entries can be submitted from 1 October (Noon) to 31 October (Noon) – Eastern US Time.
3. Participants need to be over 18 years of age (sorry, I know this excludes some but if you want to get a guardian to submit for you then this is fine).
4. Shots need to be ‘portraits’ – this is the theme for this month’s competition
5. No nudity – please keep photos family friendly
6. You must have copyright of the image you submit – it must be your own work.
7. Winning photos will be published on DPS Blog
8. You may enter from any country – we don’t exclude anyone based upon their location.
9. Winners will be announced here on the blog and in our newsletter early November.
10. The winner will be selected by a combination of public votes and a judging panel. The bulk of this weighting comes from the judging panel but the public vote does count so feel free to let people know about your entry. The judges will be a small panel from our moderation team of the DPS forums (update: the panel will also include a couple from outside of DPS).
Once you’ve entered tell your friends and network about the competition using one of the widgets provided to you at the competition page.
Keep in mind that this is our first competition – we’re learning how to run these as we go so please do have a little patience with us. Hopefully this will become a regular event!