“Do you have any tips on posing for portraits?”
This question hit my inbox earlier in the week and I shot the reader back a few links to tutorials that we’ve written on the topic of posing for portraits. I thought that the list of posts might be useful to others too so have included it here:
- Posing Tips for Portraits – Posing Shoulders
- Which Way Should Your Subject Lean?
- Portrait Photography’s Power Posing Part I: The Components
- Portrait Photography’s Power Posing – Part II: The Poses
- Posing Tips – Waistlines, Thighs and Bust lines
- A Posing Technique from A Girl With a Pearl Earring
- How to Pose Hands in Portraits
- Where is Your Subject Looking and Why Does it Matter?
- 4 Tips for Natural Looking Portraits
What posing tips would you give someone starting out in Portrait Photography?
Table of contents
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Posing for Portraits
- ADVANCED GUIDES
- CREATIVE TECHNIQUES
Some Older Comments