Earlier I rounded up a couple videos on how to do two very different styles of light painting. You can see them here. Below are two images of my own where you can see the two different techniques and the results.
Note: the image above was done using some special tools. Read this for more info: Review: Light Painting Brushes – Tools for Creativity.
Weekly Photography Challenge – Light Painting
Before you give up before you even start, assuming this is too hard for you – wait!
Light painting does not have to be hard at all, and I’ll give you some articles to check out that can help you. But you can keep it simple and try a sparkler like this:
If you need more help try these articles:
- How to do Light Painting with a Piece of Fruit and a Cell Phone
- Beginner’s Guide to Light Painting
- Light Painting Part One – the Photography
- Light Painting Part Two – Photoshop
- How to Make Unique Portraits Using Light Painting
- How to do Light Painting Photography Art with Endless Possibilities
- How to Create Beautiful Light Painting Images With an Illuminated Hoop
- Fire Spinning with Steel Wool – A Special Effects Tutorial
Share your images below:
Simply upload your shot into the comment field (look for the little camera icon in the Disqus comments section) and they’ll get embedded for us all to see or if you’d prefer, upload them to your favorite photo-sharing site and leave the link to them. Show me your best images in this week’s challenge. Sometimes it takes a while for an image to appear so be patient and try not to post the same image twice.
Share in the dPS Facebook Group
You can also share your images on the dPS Facebook group as the challenge is posted there each week as well.
Don’t miss a challenge
Enter your Email adress and be notified when a new challenge is released