In this Adorama video Bryan Peterson shows you how he uses a 10 stop neutral density filter to take an image from average, to dynamic. The filter basically just blocks light allowing you to make longer exposures. In this city skyline shot it changes how the clouds appear in the final image.
Filter mentioned in the video:
Other dPS articles about using ND filters:
- Polarizing and Neutral Density Filters: Essentials for Landscape Photography
- High Speed Sync Versus a Neutral Density Filter to Overcome Bright Sunlight in Portraits
- How to do Dreamy Landscape Photography with a Neutral Density Filter
- 7 Tips to Help Improve Your Seascape Photos by Controlling the Waves
- Step-by-step Guide to Long Exposure Photography