A reflector is easy to use, right? Just open it and put it under your model’s chin. WRONG!
Using a reflector may seem really simple but most new photographers make one big mistake with them. They put them in the wrong place to make flattering light on their subject.
Tips for Using a Reflector the Right Way Outdoors
In this video from Joe Edelman, see how NOT to do it, and get some tips on how to use a reflector the right way.
Items mentioned in the video:
Find other dPS articles about reflectors here:
- 6 Ways of Using Reflector to Take Better Portraits
- 10 Ways to Use a 5-in-1 Reflector
- Tips for Using Reflectors to Create Beautiful Portraits
- DIY How to Build and Use a Reflector to Take Better Portraits
- Choosing the Right Color Reflector for Your Photography