Today we did some analysis of the Best Selling DSLR Lenses with our readers among dPS readers – based upon purchases made in the last 3 months.*
As usual this list is dominated by Canon and Nikon lenses so we’ve again broken those two brands out into two separate lists of lenses and then have put the other best selling lenses from other brands into a third list.
Interestingly by far the #1 lens in the last 3 months has been the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens which was released just this last month as a successor to their old Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Mark II which was released back in 1990 but which has always previously topped our best selling lens lists (it is #2 for the first time ever this month).
Note: at this stage we didn’t see any major trends in lenses for compact camera systems which is why we’ve not featured any hear. We expect this market to grow as the mirroless/compact system cameras continue to grow in popularity.
Best Selling Canon DSLR Lenses
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens
- Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
Best Selling Nikon DSLR Lenses
- Nikon 50mm f/1.4G SIC SW Prime AF-S
- Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II AF-S
- Nikon AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens
- Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S
- Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G AF
- Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR AF-S DX
- Nikon 40mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro
Best Selling DSLR Lenses from Other Brands
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II (for Nikon DSLRs). Also available for Canon and Sony and Minolta cameras.
- Rokinon FE14M-C 14mm F2.8 Ultra Wide Lens for Canon (also available for Fujifilm X-Mount, Micro Four-Thirds, Olympus, Sony and Pentax and others)
- Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SLD DG Macro. (for Nikon DSLRs) Also available for Canon,Minolta and Sony and Pentax cameras.
- Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 HD Aspherical Fisheye for Canon DSLRs.
- Sigma 340101 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Lens for Canon (also available for Nikon, Pentax and Sony)
- Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro (for Canon DSLRs). Also available for Nikons, Konica Minolta and Sony and Pentax cameras.
- Tamron AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di II (for Canon DSLRs), Nikon, Konica Minolta and Sony and Pentax.
*Note: as with our previous best seller lists this list was compiled from reports supplied to us from Amazon.com where we are affiliates. One of the ways dPS is able to cover its costs and be a sustainable business is that we earn a small commission when readers make a purchase from Amazon after clicking on our links (including those above). While no personal details are passed on we do get an overall report from Amazon about what was bought and are able to create this list.