One of the interesting cameras to be announced in the last week or so is the Olympus Stylus-500WP.
This waterproof (hence the WP in the model number) compact point and shoot camera can be used at up to 3 meters under water, has a 10 megapixel image sensor, 3x optical zoom lens and 2.5 inch LCD screen. Colors available for the 500WP are Crystal Blue, Pure White and Midnight Black.
The recommended retail price of the Olympus Stylus-500WP is $199.99 – it should hit stores in February 2009.
Feature list of the Olympus Stylus-500WP
- Exciting shots in and by the water as the µ-550WP waterproof to 3m
- Available in Crystal Blue, Pure White or Midnight Black
- High-precision 3x optical zoom (38-114 mm) to capture landscapes through to stunning portraits, even when it’s wet
- The easy way to perfect images – Intelligent Auto Mode detects the five most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings, focus and exposure automatically
- 10 Megapixels to make prints up to poster-size
- Digital Image Stabilisation for less blur
- See and share images more easily on the 6.4cm/2.5” LCD (230,000 dots)
- Face Detection for perfectly focused and exposed faces
- 17 shooting modes (e.g. Underwater Water Snap) ensure the camera has the right settings for different situations
- Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
- xD-Picture Card and microSD Card compatible