A couple of weeks ago I asked readers what their favorite DSLR lenses are.
The responses were quite overwhelming with 170 comments left and just under 60 lenses mentioned.
Today I waded through all of the comments left and identified the most popular DSLR lenses mentioned. I’ve arranged them in three categories – Canon (89 votes cast), Nikon (68 votes mentioned) and Other (13 votes). These are the categories because Canon and Nikon lenses were mentioned by most comment leavers where as there was a much smaller representation of all other brands.
Lenses are arranged in order of popularity.
Canon DSLR Lenses
1. Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
2. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Standard Zoom Lens (equal 2nd)
3. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Lens (equal 2nd)
4. Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM Medium Telephoto Lens (equal 2nd)
5. Canon EF 85mm f1.2L Lens
6. Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens
7. Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L Lens
8. Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
9. Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens
10. Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens
Nikon DSLR Lenses
1. Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-IF AF-S VR DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens
3. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens
4. Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens
5. Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Zoom Nikkor Lens
6. Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED IF AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens
7. Nikon 12-24mm f/4G ED IF Autofocus DX Nikkor Zoom Lens
8. Nikon 50mm f/1.4D AF Nikkor Lens
9. Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S Zoom Nikkor Lens
10. Nikon 85mm f/1.4D AF Nikkor Lens
Other DSLR Lenses
note – Tamron and Sigma lenses come with a variety of mounts, ie most will come in Canon, Nikon and Pentax (etc) versions
1. Tamron Autofocus 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di LD Lens
2. Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Lens
3. Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM Lens
4. Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens
5. Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC IF Macro Lens
6. Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Lens
Note: The most popular three DSLR lenses mentioned were the Nikon 50mm f/1.8, the Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 and the Canon 24-105mm f/4.
Some Older Comments