In this video tutorial, Nemanja Sekulic will show you how to make some dramatic editing changes to your RAW photos using Lightroom or Photoshop Camera RAW.
During the process, you will learn the following in Lightroom (which you can also translate to Photoshop Camera RAW):
- How to use the Basic Panel including the Exposure Slider, Highlight Slider, Shadow Slider, Color Temperature Slider,
- The shortcut for viewing before/after (\)
- How to use the Radial Filter tool – how to make multiple radial filter selections, reposition, and make adjustments to the selection.
- How to use the Adjustment Brush Tool – including changing your brush size, flow, and feather amounts.
- How to use it to make selective adjustments in your image, including color, temperature, exposure, highlights, shadows, clarity, etc. to fine-tune your image.
- How to use selective color with your Adjustment Brush.
- How to make new Adjustment Brushes to fine-tune the details in the eyes.
- How to use Hue and Saturation Panels as well as the Split Toning Panel.
- How to add a vignette.
- How to go back and readjust any of your Radial Filter, and Adjustment Brush settings.
You can apply these techniques across any image you choose, or you can download Nemanja’s image file here.
You may also find the following helpful:
- Photoshop vs Lightroom – the Power of Photoshop
- Four Lightroom Tips to Enhance Your Landscape Photos
- Lightroom Texture Slider vs. Skin Smoothing
- Lightroom Shortcuts Every Photographer Needs to Know
- 10 Tips to Make Lightroom Classic CC Run Faster