In this Adorama TV video Gavin Hoey takes you on location to learn how to balance flash and ambient light to create some stunning portraits in the forest.
After going through three different setups outdoors he takes you inside for the post-processing stage so see how he completes the images in Photoshop.
Some of the items Gavin used and demonstrated in the video for your convenience:
- Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L lens
- BlackRapid Curve RS-7 camera strap
- Flashpoint RoveLight 600ws monolight
- Glow ParaPop 28″ R Series
- Sekonic L-308S Flashmate light meter
Have you tried any location portraits using both the natural or ambient light combined with flash? If you have any other tips or want to share your images, please do so in the comments below.