One of the questions I get asked a lot via email and a regular question that is raised in our forum is around photography classes, courses, workshops and training.
- What photography class should I do?
- How do I know if photography training is right for me?
- Should I do a photography course or just read a book?
- Do I need photography training to go Pro?
These questions (and more) arise so many times that I thought it’d make an interesting discussion here on the blog.
Have you done any photography classes/workshops/courses or other types of training? If so:
- What type did you do?
- Where they worth it?
- Who would you recommend them for?
- How did you choose which one?
- Would you do another one?
If you’ve not done any photography training:
- Would you recommend any other strategies for learning photography?
- Do you hope to ever do any training?
Really any advice, tips, experiences or ideas you have on photography courses, classes, workshops, degrees or other types of training would be fascinating to hear about.