Last year we ran a competition that gave active DPS Forum members a chance to win some great photographic books. It was such a success that we’re going to do it again this month.
To enter we want you to leave us a review of your digital camera over in the forums. See below for guidelines of how to enter.
One member will win their choice of 5 of the following digital photography books
Ten members will win their choice of 1 of the following digital photography books
- 1. The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby
- 2. Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographsby Bryan Peterson
- 3. Digital SLR Pro Secrets by David Busch
- 4. Complete Digital Photography by Ben Long
- 5. Perfect Digital Photography by Jay Dickman
- 6. The Complete Guide to Night and Low-Light Photography by Lee Frost
- 7. Digital Macro Photography by Ross Hoddinott
- 8. Mastering Digital SLR Photography by David Busch
- 9. Photoshop Finishing Touches by Dave Cross
- 10. The Photoshop Channels Book by Scott Kelby
How to Enter
This time around we’re going to reward members who write us a review of their digital camera.
To be in the running you need to head into our Digital Camera area and leave us a review of your camera in the appropriate section (ie if it’s a Canon – leave it in the Canon section).
A few quick guidelines for reviews:
- Reviews must be at least 250 words long
- Before submitting a review check to see if someone else has done one for your camera. If they have add yours in the same thread instead of starting a new one. If there’s nothing already – start a new thread
- Reviews should have the title ‘Camera Brand/Model Number Review’ as the heading of the review
- Reviews should have a rating out of 10 (10 for ‘perfect’ 1 for ‘terrible’)
- Reviews don’t need to be technical – simply tell us about the camera’s features that you like and dislike, who the camera would be good for etc
- Reviews need to be original content and not copy and pasting from other people’s work
- If you have more than one camera feel free to enter more than once (each review is an ‘entry’). There will be a limit of 3 reviews per forum member.
- Winners will be randomly selected from all reviews submitted on 1 March.
You’ve got until the end of February to submit your review so head over to the forums – make sure you’re a member and tell us about your camera!
I’m looking forward to seeing your reviews. In leaving them you not only put yourself in the running for a prize but also help the rest of us make decisions about our next digital camera purchase.
NB: the above Amazon links are part of a program that helps raise a little money for DPS if you buy books after clicking on them.