Recently we’ve had a few articles by dPS writers about lenses on such topics as:
- Which Three Lenses do You Need for Photography?
- The Only Three Lenses You Need for Travel Photography
- Ready to Upgrade Your Kit Lens? Tips for Which Lens to Invest in Next
- Buyers Guide – Prime Lenses vs Zoom Lenses
This video produced by Canon shows the photographers using pretty much the same three lenses as mentioned on the second article above: a really wide-angle lens, a 50mm, and a medium telephoto. See how the photographers used each lens to create a very different look and feel from each of the scenarios they encountered.
The lenses mentioned in the video are (Nikon equivalents also listed):
- Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6
- Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
- Nikon 50mm f/1.4G AF-S
- Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S
There are also many other great options for lenses including Pentax, Olympus and Sony. You could also consider some of the third party brands like Tamron and Sigma which are making some really nice, highly rated, lenses.
What can you take away from that? How can you use the lenses you already have to tell different, or perhaps even better, stories?
Show us the same subject shot with three different lenses and let’s see your stories!